Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Right Lads

• 21-11-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all.

I got an early crimbo prezzie of herself yesterday in the form of a loverly new xbox.

I've been reading about the upgrade thats to be d/l.

Do I just plug in my broadband cable and restart or is there a process ive to go through.

Ive converted a few video files using videora Xbox 360 Converter, will there play off a usb drive or do I have to copy them onto the hd? Are they suppoerted out of the box of do I have to d/l codec or what have you?

As ever many thanks for any help.

Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Not sure about the video questions, but for NXE update, all you have to do is plug in your ethernet cable and start your 360.

You should have a 1 month gold xbox live trial that came with the console too. Not sure if you need a gold membership to download NXE, but you have one anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Your videos should work without converting them but you will more than likely need to download the codec. Sign in to xbox live and play the video, it will prompt you to download the codec if you need it.

You can play videos off the usb drive as long as its formatted in FAT32. You can check this on your pc - plug in the drive, open my computer, right-click on the drive and open properties, it will show you the file system type here (usually either NTFS or FAT32). If it says FAT32 your laughing, if not you will have to reformat the drive, just make sure you back up all your files first!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Plug it into your network, create yourself a silver Live account, you'll then get upgraded to a gold account for free for one month. At some point during the process it will download the new NXE update. Put in some games and play, have fun, tell people here your gamertag, play games online, have more fun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

Hi lads,

Thanks for the replys.

As sugested I just plugged it in and away it went, the new menu system looks much better than the old one, although I never got to know the old version.

Playing videos from a usb drive is gift, no longer do I have to wait hours for a dvd to burn only for it to be rejected coz the disk is bandy.

Ive been playing fable 2 for days and coming from a ps2 the graphics are amazing, I actually stopped for look at the sun coming through some trees it was so pretty.

Ive to wait till i get the wireless add on before I can play on line, the family would not be impressed If I hogged the ethernet line.

Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

If you already have wireless setup get yourself a Linksys WRT54GL it can do bridge mode and will be cheaper then the "xbox only" wireless card.
    joe_dunne wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Thanks for the replys.

As sugested I just plugged it in and away it went, the new menu system looks much better than the old one, although I never got to know the old version.

Playing videos from a usb drive is gift, no longer do I have to wait hours for a dvd to burn only for it to be rejected coz the disk is bandy.

Ive been playing fable 2 for days and coming from a ps2 the graphics are amazing, I actually stopped for look at the sun coming through some trees it was so pretty.

Ive to wait till i get the wireless add on before I can play on line, the family would not be impressed If I hogged the ethernet line.

Joe

• Advertisement
Advertisement