Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

OMSPs going up on the Revenue VRT site?

Options
  • 21-11-2008 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

I looked up the VRT on the following car about a week or 10 days ago, and it was €5083:

http://www.autoquake.com/vehicle/inspid=7428

Unfortunately I don't have the full Revenue printout. However, when an enquiry on a 2006 Accord revealed a higher VRT than on a 2007 one, I ran the query again and got a VRT of €6048!

I also noticed that the 17" alloys and sat nav option was no longer listed in the "matching vehicles" section, so that would presumably push the VRT up further.

Nothing else has changed - it's the same car (indeed it's fallen in price on Autoquake), so what's going on? Has the Revenue upped the OMSPs of cars? How in God's name can they be doing so in a downward market?

Or am I getting something seriously wrong here?

FYI, here's the VRT quote from today:

VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX (VRT) ENQUIRY
    Vehicle Registration Tax (VRT) Calculation. CO2 emissions input by Revenue.
    DATE: 21 November 2008 TIME: 13:39

STATISTICAL CODE: 40186539
    MAKE: HONDA
    MODEL: ACCORD 2.2I (From Jan. 2006)
    VERSION: 2.2I-CDTI EXECUTIVE 04DR / SALOON / MANUAL / DIESEL /
    CO2 EMISSIONS: 143

MILEAGE: 19796 MILES
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION: MARCH 2007

OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE: €30244
    RATE OF TAX: 20%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €6048

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

fricatus wrote: »
    Has the Revenue upped the OMSPs of cars? How in God's name can they be doing so in a downward market?

hmmm, more tactics to curb the amount of imports from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭draycottgirlz

if you buy this car, appeal the decision, they will then have to correct it, it happens all the time as their figures are way off...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

The Government are desperate for money at the moment and are having their ears bent by the SIMI over the dire state of the motor industry here.
    The fact is the pound is worth 85 cent at the moment so car values in Ireland are dropping relevently,I would challange their current values.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Are the OMSP's % figures of the new cars? If so, then the pricing for the new Accord has just been published.

Even though the Executive is no longer available (I have it listed as EX) and it's designated MY09, it could be the reason for higher OMSP. If anything it should decrease the value because the new model will have a large impact on the prices of the old model.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

This was predictable really. I personally thought the measures announced there yesterday were nowhere near enough but if the omsp's are going up aswell, i looks as if the government are doing all they can to help the industry here

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

fricatus wrote: »
    I looked up the VRT on the following car about a week or 10 days ago, and it was €5083:

http://www.autoquake.com/vehicle/inspid=7428

Unfortunately I don't have the full Revenue printout. However, when an enquiry on a 2006 Accord revealed a higher VRT than on a 2007 one, I ran the query again and got a VRT of €6048!

I also noticed that the 17" alloys and sat nav option was no longer listed in the "matching vehicles" section, so that would presumably push the VRT up further.

Nothing else has changed - it's the same car (indeed it's fallen in price on Autoquake), so what's going on? Has the Revenue upped the OMSPs of cars? How in God's name can they be doing so in a downward market?

FYI, here's the VRT quote from today:

Don't panic yet, I checked a car last week and it had one OMSP, on Tuesday it had shot up by 10k, and like you I was kicking myself. However as of today it is back to the original OMSP. Looks like they may be cleaning things up and some cars are getting reset to old values for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Hold tight, some BMWs OMSP were way up for most of this week but back to normal today.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭draycottgirlz

will they be cheaper in January?

Advertisement