Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs Man United, Saturday 22/11, 5.30pm

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ShooterSF wrote: »
    As for Ronaldo, pretty sure the crowd started the abuse, he has every right to reply.

The FA and Drogba would disagree.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Assistant forgot his villa jersey.

As for Ronaldo, pretty sure the crowd started the abuse, he has every right to reply.

ref forgot his united jersey.
    and no he doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

Absolutely not.., he's one of the best players in the world. For me he should be setting the standard for everyone else. Behaviour like that is just stupid and unprofessional. He gets booed at most games, lack of cop-on really that kind of behaviour..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Who honestly cares? There's a game of football on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Mr Alan wrote: »
    The FA and Drogba would disagree.

Difference between replying to banter and firing a coin into a crowd of innocent people and one scumbag....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

A draw the fair result. Good that Utd couldn't take advantage of the results today. So, three teams left now in the title race and Villa proving that they can land themselves a Champions League spot if they keep going the way they have been.

fair result I think. one half was united one half was villa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Difference between replying to banter and firing a coin into a crowd of innocent people and one scumbag....

Still though, Ronaldo shouldnt of made that gesture to a whole section of innocent people who didnt abuse him. Out of order imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Disappointing from United, really shoulda got something from it. We had too much possession not to win that.

Giggs once again does absolutely nothing in a game. Our central midfield is a joke with him in it, every time he is there we're ****e, put 2+2 together Fergie.

Lost opportunity today, alas. Out of context, 0-0 draw away from home against the 5th best team in the league isn't the worst result in the world. But we needed a win, and I think last year we would have won that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

That's it.
    Very happy with that result as a Villa fan.
    Such a contrast to the capitulation of recent years. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

FT

0-0

A bit disappointed, but should probably be happy with the point. Liverpool got the same, and Arsenal lost (Chelsea won).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

yet another chance to close the gap wasted.

Would have been nice if rooney tevez or ronaldo chose to show up today.

PHB wrote: »
    Lost opportunity today, alas. Out of context, 0-0 draw away from home against the 5th best team in the league isn't the worst result in the world. But we needed a win, and I think last year we would have won that game.

would have to agree with this point especially, taking points off aston villa is going to be very difficult this season as they've shown everyone again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No goals now for the 'big four' today. When was the last time that happened?

Dave! wrote: »
    FT

0-0

A bit disappointed, but should probably be happy with the point. Liverpool got the same, and Arsenal lost (Chelsea won).

You need to take into account home and away. Liverpool drew at Villa Park and the other 2 were away.

Xavi6 wrote: »

Watching SSN yesterday the bookies were worried about 4 "Big" 4 wins. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Given this fixtures history a point is a great result. But over the 90mins disappointed Villa didnt get the 3 points. But now Villa are in 4th, we've come a long way baby.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Frustrating to watch that as a United fan. So many loose passes and was disappointed to see tevez subbed. Not sure if I'd be taking a striker off when chasing a goal.

Opportunity to close the gap sorely missed there. Can't let Chelsea and Pool off like that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

A draw was a fair result. United showed a lack of incisiveness today with Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo not at the races at all today. O'Shea is far too limited in an attacking sense in the fullback role. Really would have preferred to see Da Silva, seems to offer the pace and industry Paddy does on the other wing. Centre of midfield was joke, Carrick was solid but he really needs to be paired up with an industrious player like Fletcher or Anderson and Giggs is past it. Fine as a sub but not a starter. It was interesting to see how we played without Berbatov today and I think we really missed his deft touch and skill in breaking down a tight Villa defense. Thought perhaps Manucho could've come on near the end as a battering ram player. Bit of height would of been good against Laursen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

it was a great chance to get close to liverpool/chelsea today

Sir Alex blow it today imo

he's line up decision was very strange and the subs that came on were even stranger

the likes of Giggs on the pitch is the biggest mistake of all
    giggs is a legend at utd
    but he shouldnt start games anymore
    ok sub to bring on but thats all
    fair enough Anderson was off in brazil but so was Ronaldo

Anderson had to start

i can understand having o shea right back but when the clock hit 60 mins bring on Raf
    utd really missed good service from the right

iv been very disappointed with Ronney as of late
    seems you never relie on him for a good spell

i felt really sorry for tevez,not his best game but miles better than Ronney

the one thing i hate about tevez is no pace which is the biggest thing missing from his game

i would have loved to see welback come on,at least have some pace up
    there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

roryc wrote: »
    Pool and Chelsea both dropped 2 pts... come on United, don't bottle it....

I said DON'T bottle it... DON'T... ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

great result for villa. Although after the game i'm dissapointed we didn't get the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh yes great result if someone had offered me 4 points before Arsenal away and UTD at home I would have taken it with both hands.

We played well in midfield and defended well but lacked the killer pass, the one killer pass Gabby was fouled by Vidic it was outside the box but a clear clear freekick, UTD would have got that decision at Old Trafford imo the big 4 always get those decisions.

As for Ronaldo, I have been saying it here for years, Ronaldo is a great player but he's a sulk and he let's his team down by throwing himself and not tracking back, he will never be talked about in the same way as Best, simply because Best carried out his mistakes off the field Ronaldo behaves like a spoilt child, imagine if Ronaldo had the same desire and attitude as Tevez?

Oh and Martin Laursen outstanding MOM, you have to credit David O'Leary with that signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,395 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Absolutely woeful performance by United .
    Toothless,inept,sloppy,lazy.
    That first half was one of the worst 45 minutes of football I've seen this year ,two poor teams.
    Uniteds away form this season is shocking,9 Pts out of 21, and only 7 goals scored on the road,very worrying.
    Rooney was rubbish yet again today .

Xavi6 wrote: »

1993 apparantly. They weren't the big four then though.

Absolutely woeful performance by United .
    Toothless,inept,sloppy,lazy.
    That first half was one of the worst 45 minutes of football I've seen this year ,two poor teams.
    Uniteds away form this season is shocking,9 Pts out of 21, and only 7 goals scored on the road,very worrying.
    Rooney was rubbish yet again today .

I dont think Villa are a poor team or were tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

monkey9 wrote: »
    1993 apparantly. They weren't the big four then though.

Villa were tho!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The plot thickens :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

God that was a horrible match, both teams didn't deserve any points.

One plus point, Nani looked dangerous when he came on, should have happened sooner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement