Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

close my bank account but still keep my credit card?

Options
  • 21-11-2008 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi,
    I opened an ulster bank student account a couple of months ago (just to get the free stuff at the university) and it came with a laser card, cashcard and visa card. As far as i know, the visa card isnt technically attcahed to my account. I have no use for the bank account so is it possible to close the bank account but still keep my credit card??
    Any advice is greatly appreciated
    thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Hi,
    I opened an ulster bank student account a couple of months ago (just to get the free stuff at the university) and it came with a laser card, cashcard and visa card. As far as i know, the visa card isnt technically attcahed to my account. I have no use for the bank account so is it possible to close the bank account but still keep my credit card??
    Any advice is greatly appreciated
    thanks
    :)

Yeah you can close it. Card's a seperate account. However, I'd keep the account. I have a boi account and a boi cc. If I transfer money from my c/a to the card before 5pm with online banking the money's on the card at midnight. Would imagine ulster bank have something similar.

Any other method I'm waiting three days.

Advertisement