Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Same Tester?

Options
  • 21-11-2008 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

If you are doing your test again in the same centre, how likely is it that you will have the same tester?Mine was not a nice person!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

well say for example,theres 3 testers there,u got a 1 in 3 chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Depends on the centre, and how many testers there is there!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Ring about a two-three days in advance of test and you'll find out who's on.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

according to the RSA (i phoned about this) , apparently you are not allowed have the same instructor within a 6 month period. now i am ot sure how this is actually possible, as was said before if there are only 3 instructors, you have a 1 in three chance.

a friend of mine got the same instuctor twice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

In certain categories the chances of getting the same guy again are very high. There are only a small few testers for lorries and buses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

according to the RSA (i phoned about this) , apparently you are not allowed have the same instructor within a 6 month period. now i am ot sure how this is actually possible
    They try, in so far as possible ,to assign a different tester. That is why the application form for a test asks if you have previously done a test and at what centre.
    Bond-007 wrote: »
    In certain categories the chances of getting the same guy again are very high. There are only a small few testers for lorries and buses.
    Very true - but in those categories, the pass rate is much higher. ;)

(I had the same tester for the articulated truck and motorcycle tests).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Computerfd

Was the motorcycle test hard?
    Does that mean if you get the same guy again, it could be easier to pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Computerfd wrote: »
    Was the motorcycle test hard?
    I found it to be the most difficult category to be tested on but, then again, I have absolutely no interest in motorbikes.

Computerfd wrote:
    Does that mean if you get the same guy again, it could be easier to pass?
    Personally I don't think it makes any difference who you get.

Human nature being what it is, many people who are unsuccessful tend to find fault with the examiner.

Advertisement