Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glocks

Options
  • 21-11-2008 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I just received my first glock today (G23f). only had time to fire off on mag then back to work.

This ins't so much a problem, just curious.

What is that little door thing at the back of the slide for/do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

It's a blanking plate. The hammer on RS Glocks are internal and are therefore hidden behind that plate, which I believe is removable for maintenance. Just like the forward assist on M4's however, they don't do anything on their airsoft counterparts.

(Dear purists, I know ICS and a couple of others have working forward assists, I'm using it as an example)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

NakedDex wrote: »
    It's a blanking plate. The hammer on RS Glocks are internal and are therefore hidden behind that plate, which I believe is removable for maintenance. Just like the forward assist on M4's however, they don't do anything on their airsoft counterparts.

(Dear purists, I know ICS and a couple of others have working forward assists, I'm using it as an example)
    I see. I thought it might have something to do with cocking the internal hammer but reading up I see that's all done by the trigger and slide.

I fired a real one in Latvia and he did something to the gun before you fired it (releasing the safety) but on my glock I don't see any safety other than the one on the trigger. So I was curious. He was more than likely just letting the slide forward.

Advertisement