Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Porsche/Bentley/Audi/etc. wheels on Golf's?

Options
  • 21-11-2008 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I've noticed that a significant number of modified VW/Seat have often got wheels from other manufacturers from the Volkswagen Auto Group. I see it mostly on MK4/5 Golf's - instead of cheap Wolfrace alloys they have expensive Audi/Porsche alloys!

I was looking through a VW magazine in Eason's the other day and it was all about individuals modifying their cars and I noticed there wasn't one cheap, tacky chrome spinner in any of the features. One Golf had Merc S-Class wheels, another had Porsche Carrera wheels and another had Bentley GT wheels!

Also noticed that they leave the original manufacturers cap on rather than replacing them with a VW one - maybe this is to show that they are real and not a replica?

While it's not overly popular over here (when compared to the UK), I saw a pic of an Irish reg Golf R32 with Lamborghini Gallardo wheels.

Just wondering can anyone tell me more about this trend and when it started?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭draycottgirlz

its being done for years but more common now alright as the standards of modifications to cars has risen. Some of these alloys cost serious money too. You can't beat a set of teledials on a mk2 Golf....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Sure why not... it all started back in the 70's when

Advertisement