Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible modding

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Walked right into my trap. Reported for personal abuse.

Thats troll-baiting... And making fun of your Avatar is barely Abuse, imo.
    g'em wrote: »
    Frickin hell, the personal abuse rule applies to EVERYONE. If you have a problem with someone report them, simple as.

Climate Expert, you know you're walking on very, very thin ice, and you've courted much of the attitude that posters are throwing at you. I strongly suggest that if you choose to continue to post in that manner that you take these comments on the chin and with good humour.

Im also sure theres a story behind this post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Oh dear me. Remember this post?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57958065&postcount=1755

You are in LL deliberatley causing trouble. Muppet isn't abuse, but dickhead is. You are a dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I reported some personal abuse to a mod and they posted this in reply on the thread.

This is in a thread where I have only posted once to show an avatar of myself.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055291336&page=129

And i've just been banned within 30seconds for doing exactly what jules did. Can i be a mod now so i can do what i like with no consequences?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

If making fun of an avatar is abuse, there are 5 pages of boards members abusing me in feedback.

'tis the interwebnet kid, u need a thicker neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

WindSock wrote: »
    Oh dear me. Remember this post?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57958065&postcount=1755

You are in LL deliberatley causing trouble. Muppet isn't abuse, but dickhead is. You are a dickhead.
    Firstly thats in a different thread. And secondly its not against the charter. Its just a personal opinion. I call her pretty right after that but just disagree with stunning.

And you shouldn't be calling me a dickhead here.

• Advertisement

Firstly thats in a different thread. And secondly its not against the charter. Its just a personal opinion. I call her pretty right after that but just disagree with stunning.

The warnings apply to the poster in the forum, not just the poster in the thread. You say stuff like that and you know it's going to stir ****. You don't have to agree with people in that particular thread. If the thread turned into an argument about how stunning or not a poster is, then it would have to be shut and then there would be no more ogling de luvley gerls for the rest of boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

fullstop wrote: »
    And i've just been banned within 30seconds for doing exactly what jules did. Can i be a mod now so i can do what i like with no consequences?

Not the same thing at all. Calling Jules an idiot is not the same as calling a spade a spade.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

In fairness, you Neg'd another poster's appearance, and now you're having a whinge about your digitally generated avatar being described as a muppet.

Why not? You shouldnt be trolling but you are. I don't think I am invincable because I am a mod. I expect to be banned. So should you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

This is in a thread where I have only posted once to show an avatar of myself.

The thread is for pix, not avatars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Not the same thing at all. Calling Jules an idiot is not the same as calling a spade a spade.
    actually it is ;)

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

OP, you must be joking. This is a wind-up isn't it?

Either I've suffered a complete and catastrophic sense of humour failure or you have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

WindSock wrote: »
    Why not? You shouldnt be trolling but you are. I don't think I am invincable because I am a mod. I expect to be banned. So should you.
    A mod should be above insults and trying to get banned. I'd expect your mod status to be revoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Shut up.

They've been more than tolerant of you in that forum. I'd have banned you already permanently.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Shut up CE, you are obviously baiting people. Any more like that and I'll kick your ass out for good.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement