Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Summons for no NCT

Options
  • 21-11-2008 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭

I just got a summons for driving without an NCT, the date of the offence was 4th April 2008 and the summons date was 20th Oct 2008. Does the summons for this have to be dated within 6 months of the offence? The application for the summons was made on the 1st of May 2008, ie well within the 6 months.

Comments

They have 6 months from the date of the alleged offence from which to apply for the summons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

What car is it? Is your NCT still out. Did you not produce it or a test booking?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Had a look on the citizens information website and that's what they say too. Better see if I can get the test sorted before my big day out so!

What car is it? Is your NCT still out. Did you not produce it or a test booking?
    Porsche 911. Yes. No.:o

My advice to you is to get is NCT`d ASAP - definitely before the court date - no matter what center you have to travel to or if you have to go on a cancellation list.

Do that and the judge might even strike it out (best case scenario).

• Advertisement

My advice to you is to get is NCT`d ASAP - definitely before the court date - no matter what center you have to travel to or if you have to go on a cancellation list.

Do that and the judge might even strike it out (best case scenario).
    That's exactly what i'm thinking myself. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭alias no.9

To get the closest date, try between 8am and 9am either on their website or phone line. They release cancellations and slots held back for retests, every morning.

Anan1 wrote: »

Whats the worse case scenario ?? a €250 fine and a day in court. Proabaly made a point of doing it as well because you'd a nice car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Anan1 wrote: »
    show off!!! that just attracted the cops to you. why rya still driving about without nct??? cant u afford the cost of it???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

Whats the worse case scenario ?? a €250 fine and a day in court. Proabaly made a point of doing it as well because you'd a nice car.

you can get 5 points for no NCT

• Advertisement

kuro_man wrote: »

No you don't , A common misconception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭SAVE_ME.222

ROFL. No you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

No you don't , A common misconception.

Glad to hear it. I read "No NCT - 5 points" in the newspaper, thought it was ridiculous

Glad to hear it. I read "No NCT - 5 points" in the newspaper, thought it was ridiculous

Source: http://penaltypoints.ie/mandatory_court_appearance.php

NCT/DOE is not in bold.

Advertisement