Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah Palin Interview with Turkey Slaughter!!

Options
  • 21-11-2008 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Allegedly the turkeys asked to be killed when she started talking.

Warning tis a bit mingin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Lollers, jeez thats classic. I loved when the interview made a reference to programs being "on the chopping block.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

She has like a 250 word vocabulary doesn't she?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

:eek: I cringed just watching that clip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Whats that guy doing to the turkey?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The shoot was intentionally framed with her to the left and the slaughter to the right, both in focus digitally. Northern Exposure Palin completely clueless as to how it might be perceived by the national and world media? Presidential? Yet another Palin splash, when not even mention was deserved for the local yokel ripple of an event? Which turkey got slaughtered in the media?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

It's to the eternal shame of John McCain that he pick that turkey to be his running mate.

Was a bit shocking to watch the clip at first, but then you just have to laugh at the stupidity of the woman. Letting herself be filmed with that as the backdrop! Is she for real? How could she think that it would be appropriate? There she was, being all chipper and thankful for the health and happiness of her family, while the poor bird flinches as it bleeds to death into a funnel! The incongruity!

Reminded me of the scene at the end of Fargo where the guy is seen feeding Steve Buscemi's leg into a wood chipper!

Okay, i'm a meat eater and i cringed when i saw it, but it would be hypocritical of me to say that nobody should be allowed see the slaughter of farm animals. But it's politically stupid for a senior public figure to give an interview in front of that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Cant believe I have heard people touting her as a potential presidential candidate in 2012. Can you imagine this women running the country?

The Republicans might as well concede now and give Obama the second term.

Romney ftw;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

The shoot was intentionally framed with her to the left and the slaughter to the right, both in focus digitally. Northern Exposure Palin completely clueless as to how it might be perceived by the national and world media? Presidential? Yet another Palin splash, when not even mention was deserved for the local yokel ripple of an event? Which turkey got slaughtered in the media?

I am obviously going to be a bit different here, but where's the problem? The woman was at Triple D farms, a place quite famous in Alaksa (You get your name put on a list for a turkey the year before). The place's reason for existance is to breed and kill turkeys, she wouldn't be there in the first place if it wasn't for the turkey-killing.

I mean, how else is it going to be perceived? "International Media condemns Palin for being at turkey slaughter, a month before International Media correspondents sit down to turkey dinner at Christmas."

Hey, if nothing else, I'm now edumacated. I now know how they kill turkeys and what the cone is for. If there's someone worth lampooning in that video, it's the guy with the turkeys.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yet meanwhile the rest of the world facepalms...

• Advertisement

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Yet meanwhile the rest of the world facepalms...

But why?

Do they not wish to know how turkeys get to their dinner table or something? Is there some stigma attached to those who slaughter turkeys?

NTM

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sure, everyone knows that turkeys are slaughtered, as are other livestock, but when you are attempting to continue your future presidential pose for national consumption (pun intended), you have to manage your media impressions. Would you address the nation in your underwear, or sitting on a toilet? Palin certainly knew how to dress for her viewer audience, given her $150,000 shopping spree, and should have known that to pose as she did with a blood bath in the background would result in a slaughter by the media. To do otherwise continues to show how naive she is, and a source of grand jokes for Jay Leno, and others.

You can also argue it furthers the "I'm more in touch with the common man than those people in Washington who have probably no idea where their local turkey farm is, let alone how to create policies to help them" image that she's trying to cultivate.

She was in a place conducting its routine, public business. If Leno wants to crack jokes about it, fine, it's his job, but taking them seriously is simply a reflection on the audience. I like Leno, he's a petrolhead, but I don't get my political advice from him.

NTM

You can also argue it furthers the "I'm more in touch with the common man
    Joe the Turkey, and a $150,000 shopping spree (half at Neiman Marcus, where the common man shops).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

You can also argue it furthers the "I'm more in touch with the common man than those people in Washington who have probably no idea where their local turkey farm is, let alone how to create policies to help them" image that she's trying to cultivate.

NTM

I think it's already been established that she's in touch with the common man, its been established far too well if you ask me. Obama showed this too, he spent many years literally working on the streets, but he also gave a very strong impression that he's a worldly statesman capable of working at the highest levels of international diplomacy. That is the sort of impression Palin needs to give, and she hasn't shown an iota of it. I think I would prefer if the leader of the free world was more au fait with the mechanics of world politics than with the mechanics of turkey slaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CtrlSource

She was in a place conducting its routine, public business. If Leno wants to crack jokes about it, fine, it's his job, but taking them seriously is simply a reflection on the audience. I like Leno, he's a petrolhead, but I don't get my political advice from him.

NTM

Ah here, that's just ridiculous. i can't believe that you seem to be sharing in her naiveté!

Advertisement