Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

consistency

Options
  • 21-11-2008 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭

Hi, im new the poker forum, Ive been playing for a few months, but on and off for years. Im only playing $2 tournies and am just about winning, I do have bad weeks but overall im winning.
    Im just wondering how consistent is the change in standard with the change in buy in amounts or is there any real way of telling other than try it out.
    I know I could do that and maybe jump in to $5 games but it would take alot of games to get a proper feel for it and Im not in the mood for losing my bank in the mean time.
    Obviously theres a big difference if I was to move into high stakes.
    The other thing I was wondering was is there something to be said for my play actually IMPROVING in higher staked games? The reasoning behind it being Im not getting as much bad beats or not dealing with really loose players.
    Any advice would be great thanks
    I play on ladbrokes by the way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Welcome to the poker forum.
    I must admit I never played $2 tournies. Are you playing MTT's or SnG's? I've found that the standard between the $10 -$50 Mtts and SnGs are pretty much the same. As you get to the $100 mtts you get the pros playing to pass the time. Therefor the standard goes up.
    As far as getting the bad beats etc. You'll still get them - there's donks at every level, but you wont get quite as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

cheers for the help , its SnGs i play, 5 and 10 seaters, If the standard is around the same between $10 and $50, maybe I should start looking into upping the stakes to see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Here is a good link regarding bankroll management and size of br to move up levels

Advertisement