Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - No pic/No post *read rules on post one before posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

Couple pictures during the floods in cork

parked up in Blackpool SC

At the back of the town centre (Drogheda) today;

img8390pp.jpg

img8391n.jpg

img8395pp.jpg

img8402l.jpg

img8481.jpg

img8455i.jpg

img8491pp.jpg

img8496c.jpg

img8519m.jpg

I spoke to a Garda today prior to taking these photos (they were all around the court, there were two Traffic Corp cars, two Garda cars and a Traffic Corps jeep, so I just asked before i took the photos if it was OK).

Was an incredibly pleasant guy. Apparently he was just down for the day from Dublin, so in the event that he is one of the Garda/Boards.ie members, and he happens to cross this, want to say thank you very much. Very nice guy.

It was actually a pretty class scene today. With the above 5 Garda vehicles on the street it looked pretty cool, but then about ten minutes after I arrived the army pulled up to drop off some cash to the bank next door. Between the array of Garda cars and Soldiers standing on the street, just looked really well. Unfortunately the Army wouldn't let me photograph them.

The Traffic Corps Car (which left soon after I arrived, unfortunately);

I tells ya, trying to get good shots of the car (without using Auto on the camera) was a bit of a bastard. It was really bright, and the cars are white, obviously, so they kept either getting blown-out or being too dark :( Must look into that)

img8292g.jpg

img8311d.jpg

img8347x.jpg

img8318l.jpg

img8354q.jpg

And Finally, the Jeep

img8282pp.jpg

img8244a.jpg

img8271n.jpg

img8233pp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Remembered my password for flickr and found this, taken in rome a few years ago, reminded me of the fire engines i used to make from lego when i was a kid
    1473360588_7b7b9c5caf_m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

25376_374258838261_202550798261_3590941_1384285_n.jpg

^ What's on the roof of the Jeep? :confused:

img8640pp.jpg

(Seen these guys about five minutes after leaving the previous Garda cars, they were floating about in the Boyne and I took a quick pic or two).

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

at templemore today as my cousin was graduating

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

I was driving home from the missus' gaf today and thought I'd drive in and see what the DFB Training Centre was like, all but one were locked up with a security guard locked in with them but I got two photos of the lonely Dennis :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

75011457.png

Its got a car in it so it sort of counts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Rough terrain Patrol unit
    nisspatrol.jpg

Force Response unit ...like a kicking squad
    fruresponse.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

4571305866_98b5ace662_b.jpg

4520978406_45441f1bf1_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭source

112970.jpg

112971.jpg

112972.jpg

112974.jpg

112975.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭source

112976.jpg

112977.jpg

112978.jpg

112979.jpg

112980.jpg

foto joe wrote: »

Apologies as I don't have a picture to add to the thread, but just had to say, that (above) is an absolutely brilliant photograph in my opinion!

I've been trying to get a photo like that for a while now and no luck at all. Can I ask, were you prepared for it going by, did it just happen to pass as you were photographing other cars, or was it a spur of the moment picture that just happened to come out really sharply?!

Brilliant effort Foto Joe.

EDIT: The best I've gotten (Which is embarassing in comparison :o )

p2090845.jpg

Thanks! ;)

There was a Galway critical mass cycle on last weekend, load of cyclists doing a trip around town to raise awareness of cycling in the city. They were gathering just up the road so I thought I might be able to get a few panning shots of the group passing. I was trying a few test shots to see what shutter speed worked best for the speed of the flowing traffic. The garda car was one of the test shots!

The cyclists ended up going the opposite direction from where they were gathering and I missed them all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

May I ask what type of Mondeo this is? I have my theories ie. rooflight...

112992.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,818 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Thanks! ;)

There was a Galway critical mass cycle on last weekend, load of cyclists doing a trip around town to raise awareness of cycling in the city. They were gathering just up the road so I thought I might be able to get a few panning shots of the group passing. I was trying a few test shots to see what shutter speed worked best for the speed of the flowing traffic. The garda car was one of the test shots!

The cyclists ended up going the opposite direction from where they were gathering and I missed them all!!

Lads you know the rules, no pic = no post. Take it to PM or the Photography forum. (Great pic by the way!)

• Advertisement

Took a very quick snapshot when I copped these through the window. They drove off a second later.

img8827pp.jpg

(I wish i had a bigger pair of balls.. the two of them were stuck at traffic lights side by side in front of the same building for a few minutes and I could've got a few decent photos of them, but I was afraid to venture out with the camera and start taking photos of them. I'd imagine the Gardaì inside them wouldn't have been impressed at all?)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

Hi Everyone just uploaded a video on you tube of a compalation of the videos that are already on our my website www.munsterfireandrescue.com
    Included in the Video are Cork City Fire Brigade, Cork County Fire Service, Waterford County Fire and Rescue Service plus Limerick City Fire and Rescue Service.

Hi Guys

First pic was taken in main street in mallow both car parked up in the street

second pic was taken tonight, with RSU attending a fight outside centra in cork

img8917pp.jpg

img8923pp.jpg

img8921pp.jpg

img8924pp.jpg

img8971d.jpg

img8962l.jpg

img8946.jpg

img8933pp.jpg

This was on the way out (after I took the above photos). Only took one photo as it was surrounded by parked cars...

img9042f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Sorry to go OT but I'm just wondering about the callsigns on the Hse ambo's.

Are they all number'd from say 1 to xxx as like the pictures above or are different areas specific number sets or do letters proceed the numbers eg with DFB Delta 104 ect?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

eireal wrote: »
    Sorry to go OT but I'm just wondering about the callsigns on the Hse ambo's.

Are they all number'd from say 1 to xxx as like the pictures above or are different areas specific number sets or do letters proceed the numbers eg with DFB Delta 104 ect?

Warning infraction issued.

We have posted several times folks. Infractions from now on.

Sorry
    NGA

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

Thought i'd contribute!

attachment.php?attachmentid=113950&d=1273875230

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

04032010.jpg

17032010014.jpg
    04032010001.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 gardatrafficop

lrg-22626-dsc_0174.JPG