Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Turning 2 red lights into 3...

• 21-11-2008 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,
    So my xbox has 2 red lights and wont work. it sucks, cos it broke just after I got the new PES 2009 :(.
    Anyway, I bought it just over a year ago so its not covered my microsoft warrenty, and would cost €71 to fix. So is there anyway i could make it worse to turn it into 3 red lights and get it fixed for free? Bold move i know...:eek:

Or is there any other way to fix it myslef? I've tried all the stupid stuff like letting it cool down and unplugged the wires but still no joy...:(

Any advice would be great,
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

if its only 1 year old - i think its still covered ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 burkee25

No, The warranty was up 3 weeks ago according to the xbox website :( Only the 3 red lights is covered for 3 years!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 burkee25

Oh I seem to have fixed it!! temporarily at least. :) its been broken for weeks. i just held in the button to sync the controllers for a while and held the power button too. we'll have to see how long it lasts now....:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Are your sure that all power and video cables are plugged in properly? Had some red lights before myself but it was just due to me having been kicking things under the desk and dislodging disclosingthem.

2 lights means its overheating.

Will lead to RROD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

burkee25 wrote: »
    Oh I seem to have fixed it!! temporarily at least. :) its been broken for weeks. i just held in the button to sync the controllers for a while and held the power button too. we'll have to see how long it lasts now....:D

Yeah they always seem to come back on for one last play before the inevitable :) Don't get too comfortable though, I had the exact same problem last year - it will RROD before the weekend is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Warrenty is 2 years in Ireland for ALL 360 faults

Just had my 1 1/2 year old 360 repaired for free after I got 1 red light :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

If you want to speed up the process.

You rap the 360 in a towel, let it overheat for bout 20 mins.

Then pop it in your freezer for another 20 mins, let it cool and it will RROD. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

cisk wrote: »
    Then pop it in your freezer

Don't think I'd advise anyone to put any sort of electrical equipment in a freezer than your going to have to plug in. A bit of ice or dampness in the wrong place and you're toast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

cisk wrote: »
    If you want to speed up the process.

You rap the 360 in a towel, let it overheat for bout 20 mins.

Then pop it in your freezer for another 20 mins, let it cool and it will RROD. :cool:

while risking both fire and electrocution?

You keep it in the towel obviously, and leave it in room temp for a hour or 2. no moisture = no electrocution.

Advertisement