Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potato cakes

Options
  • 21-11-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

Used to lve in Cork when I was a student and i'm just wondering if anyone knows how to make the potato cakes that you get in Lennoxes etc?????

Thanks

Buglim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Potatoe PIES... ny0m ny0m!

Uhm seasoned mash with onions, rosemary whatever you want, shaped into balls and dipped in batter, then deep fry, thats about all there is too it, but they will never taste the same!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hostchecker

Never heard of it!
    cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pyro940

Cold mash from the night before, season add onion and shallow fry in butter....

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Heard from a reliable source that the chipper style ones are made with dried potatoes....makes sense too, they would be less hassle to make up and have a good shelf life. Alls i know is they taste damn good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

Had one from the Bandon Road Lennoxs recently; tasted like cheap white pepper and oil.

Every time I go to Lennoxs I am reminded of how **** it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I think Lennoxs is quite good, and i love those cake...but...there's not cheese in them, you say? I can taste it!

Advertisement