Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed on non payment

Options
  • 21-11-2008 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

need some advice on this as it's driving me mad

I had been working for my ex employer from july till about 2 weeks ago. During the months working for her there have been a few delays on pay checks, at the start we got paid cash every Friday, however after a couple of weeks this changed to cheques which we were either handed or they were lodged into our account. The problem started after about the 2nd month when she would only pay some employees on a friday, she'd tell you she was going to lodge your wages but would never do it. You might eventually get your wages on a Monday or Tuesday, usually in cash. A couple of weeks ago she decided to shut down the business so back to job hunting for me.
    My problem is now that she still hasn't paid me for the last week of work or my holiday pay, and has not sent me out my p45 yet. I got onto her twice this week about it and she eventually got back to me and said that she would lodge both this friday and the p45 will be sent out this week. However i check my bank account today and nothing. She has two other businesses, one doing quite well, so i know that the current employees did get their wages lodged today. I tried to get onto her agin today to find out what the story was but i think at this point she's just ignoring me. I am currently looking for a new job but while i get one i need to p45 to sign on, which she is delaying

Is there anything i can do about this? Sorry it's a long read

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You can get a copy of your P45 at a local revenue office.

As for your old employer, call again, every day until you get a satisfactory response.

Advertisement