Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Activation

Options
  • 21-11-2008 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi
    I know that when ordering eircom broadband they tell you that it will take upto 10 days to get it activated but if anyone has recently gotten eircom broadband how long did it actualy take
    Or if you work for eircom that might be even better
    Im in ballyfermot if that makes any difference

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Sometimes its on straight away, plug in your modem when You recieve it (or borrow one) and see do You get a green light. Other times it takes the full time, every situation is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Kershaw.D

I was trying to do that with my old modem but the wire from the modem is different from the one on the wall
    Do they have to install one thats different from the phone line

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Kershaw.D wrote: »
    I was trying to do that with my old modem but the wire from the modem is different from the one on the wall
    Do they have to install one thats different from the phone line

The modem should have an RJ11 input, the same as the phone socket.

Spear wrote: »
    The modem should have an RJ11 input, the same as the phone socket.
    Ok thanks ,i just didnt get the modem from eircom just yet ,i was trying it with my old one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ok thanks ,i just didnt get the modem from eircom just yet ,i was trying it with my old one

Old one? That should have an RJ11 as well.

• Advertisement

Na it just has the normal broadband one

Na it just has the normal broadband one

RJ11 is the normal connector for DSL modems. Is your older one a wider connector, solid white plastic, with a clip on the side rather than the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Got Eircom Broadband 7.6mb a few weeks ago in new house. Needed it as quickly as possible and thats why I went eircom, instead of sticking with UTV which he had in our old house. Will probably change back to UTV after the eircom 6 month contract expires.

Anyway, it was ordered on a Thursday and we recieved the netopia router in the post the following Thursday. Plugged it in and voila, working broadband 7 days from ordering.

Calibos wrote: »
    Got Eircom Broadband 7.6mb a few weeks ago in new house. Needed it as quickly as possible and thats why I went eircom, instead of sticking with UTV which he had in our old house. Will probably change back to UTV after the eircom 6 month contract expires.

Anyway, it was ordered on a Thursday and we recieved the netopia router in the post the following Thursday. Plugged it in and voila, working broadband 7 days from ordering.

Ok thanks v.much

Spear wrote: »
    RJ11 is the normal connector for DSL modems. Is your older one a wider connector, solid white plastic, with a clip on the side rather than the top?
    Heres a pic the one on the top is the one that my router takes and the one on the bottom is the one that connects into the wall(phone line)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Looks like the old one is just a router without a modem so you won't be able to connect it to the phone line.. If your in doubt, google the model and number.

Heres a pic the one on the top is the one that my router takes and the one on the bottom is the one that connects into the wall(phone line)

As Fuzzy said, the top one is RJ45 and not for a DSL connection.

Advertisement