Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

returning to WoW

• 21-11-2008 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey,

Thinking about returning to WoW to play WotLK.
    I completed most of the content in TBC before quitting due to school and getting bored!
    Not sure if i should reroll fresh on a new server, as i had been playing PvE which i didn't enjoy much.
    Also i just read up on 'scrolls of resurrection' which lets a current player give a returning player 10 days free, would be neat if someone could pm if they are ok to do this for me!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilko121

WoW ppl can do that?
    Hell id love to return for a few days, was thinking of going back ^^
    If its poss, id def be gratefull if an1 would pm me1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I could send you a Res Scroll if you want, but it would have to wait till tomorrow morning. I'm in work at the moment. Also, i think you can do PvE to PvP server transfers now (or is it PvP to PvE?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Bux wrote: »
    Not sure if i should reroll fresh on a new server, as i had been playing PvE which i didn't enjoy much.
    Evidently, you missed this. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Wilko121 wrote: »

Sorted dude, just done it now for you, enjoy.

PS., edit your original message and remove your email address.

• Advertisement

an ablsolute legend, its been too long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

If anybody else needs scrolls of resurrection just give me a Pm and i'll try sort you out with one:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Hey, I quit a few months after TBC came out. Am thinking of buying WOTLK to give me something to do over Christmas....was wondering if you get a month free subscription when you buy the expansion?

also, I can still see my old char in the armoury, does this mean the char still exists and I can just carry on (not bothered levelling from 1 to 70 again!)?

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sconsey wrote: »
    was wondering if you get a month free subscription when you buy the expansion?
    Afraid not. You only get the free month on the original.
    Sconsey wrote: »
    also, I can still see my old char in the armoury, does this mean the char still exists and I can just carry on (not bothered levelling from 1 to 70 again!)?
    Blizzard dont delete characters, so your toons are still alive and healthy (well, alive anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭TheDonMan

Used to play WoW a while but suddenly quit because it was taking up too much time with raiding. I was also sick of being a paladin healbot.

Now after reading up on Wrath a bit ret paladin are good now?! Sounds like the World (of Warcraft) has been flipped upside down, and sounds all too appealing!

Anyway, I got a question about the scrolls of resurrection, do they allow be to play Wrath of the lich king too, or just TBC which my account already has?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

TheDonMan wrote: »
    Used to play WoW a while but suddenly quit because it was taking up too much time with raiding. I was also sick of being a paladin healbot.

Now after reading up on Wrath a bit ret paladin are good now?! Sounds like the World (of Warcraft) has been flipped upside down, and sounds all too appealing!

Anyway, I got a question about the scrolls of resurrection, do they allow be to play Wrath of the lich king too, or just TBC which my account already has?

If you upgrade your account to WOTLK you will still be unable to login as there is no gametime free with it.

Someone could then resurrect you once you have bought the expansion.

WellyJ wrote: »
    If you upgrade your account to WOTLK you will still be unable to login as there is no gametime free with it.

Someone could then resurrect you once you have bought the expansion.

Sorry, I phrased my question badly. Upon reading the official WoW website about scrolls of resurrection, it says: "Invite a former player of World of Warcraft to try the latest content of World of Warcraft for 10 days free and you could get 30 days FREE play!". This would seem to imply that I would get to try WOTLK.

However, when I click on it, it says: "Invite a friend that has left World of Warcraft to return with a FREE 10-Day Trial of the Burning Crusade".

So my question is which is it? Do I get to try WOTLK if someone "resurrects" me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

pm me the required details & i can send you one & we can see :)

Berns wrote: »
    pm me the required details & i can send you one & we can see :)

Looking at the FAQ it would appear that it does indeed only let you try out TBC. Seeing as you can only ever accept one scroll of resurrection, I think I will leave it to see if they extend the offer to give you WOTLK trial as well. Thanks for the offer though. :)

Advertisement