Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise Needed mobile internet!!! Help

• 21-11-2008 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all!!

Ive never actually posted on boards! I always find what Im looking for by scrolling through the endless amounts of knowledge you people have! This time tho I need help. I just bought a 2g iphone. I am with meteor on Pay as you go. Im on a pretty old tarrif which means I get all calls for 20c and texts for 9c - so as you can image I am relucant to change. I am fairly confused over whether or not to become a bill pay customer! From reading the posts It seems that it is nearly safer to bo on bill pay if you want to use the net and avoid outragous charges??? I would only use it now and again for gmail (few times a week) - porb wouldnt even use it for the net. Any idea how mmuch you get for 250kb? Or how long it would last? I am getting kind of impatient with meteor as they have a serious coverage problem where I live. Anyone any thoughts on the issue? To bill pay or not to bill pay?? Has anyone switched and found a good plan?

let me know!

Thanks for your help, much appreciate it!!!!

:D:D:D

MaDtHiNg!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

madthing wrote: »
    Hi all!!

Ive never actually posted on boards! I always find what Im looking for by scrolling through the endless amounts of knowledge you people have! This time tho I need help. I just bought a 2g iphone. I am with meteor on Pay as you go. Im on a pretty old tarrif which means I get all calls for 20c and texts for 9c - so as you can image I am relucant to change. I am fairly confused over whether or not to become a bill pay customer! From reading the posts It seems that it is nearly safer to bo on bill pay if you want to use the net and avoid outragous charges??? I would only use it now and again for gmail (few times a week) - porb wouldnt even use it for the net. Any idea how mmuch you get for 250kb? Or how long it would last? I am getting kind of impatient with meteor as they have a serious coverage problem where I live. Anyone any thoughts on the issue? To bill pay or not to bill pay?? Has anyone switched and found a good plan?

let me know!

Thanks for your help, much appreciate it!!!!

:D:D:D

MaDtHiNg!!

Two things.
    The first is where are you living?

The second is I'm also on that tariff...it'll cost you 99c for up to 50 MB in any one day (not 24hr period). If you're only checking your gmail it might not reach 99c and it'll cost less...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

you will need to check if that old tarriff has the mobile broadband (99c for 50MB allowance per day) on it. you might not - in which case it will be expensive.

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/add_ons/data_add_ons/
    they are the data addons for bill pay. so you need to figuyre out how much you would use.
    the PAYG 50mb in a day is alot if ur just using it to mess around (like checking your emails, checking out a few sites, etc) most i ever used on it was like 2 or 3mb

samhail wrote: »
    you will need to check if that old tarriff has the mobile broadband (99c for 50MB allowance per day) on it. you might not - in which case it will be expensive.

http://www.meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/add_ons/data_add_ons/
    they are the data addons for bill pay. so you need to figuyre out how much you would use.
    the PAYG 50mb in a day is alot if ur just using it to mess around (like checking your emails, checking out a few sites, etc) most i ever used on it was like 2 or 3mb

I use that tariff and it has it...
    If you want to use it alot then you should switch to bill-pay and get a data add-on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 madthing

Adro947 wrote: »
    Two things.
    The first is where are you living?

The second is I'm also on that tariff...it'll cost you 99c for up to 50 MB in any one day (not 24hr period). If you're only checking your gmail it might not reach 99c and it'll cost less...

Living in Swords...ridgewood area. As soon as I walk in the door its gone!!! Vodafone seems ok and O2 has coverage. Im on meteor anytime plus...As far as I know. So do I just start surfing? Dont have to ring them....actually Ive no idea how to setup the iphone for internet... must look into that! Is that 99c thing an add on or do I just go ahead?

madthing wrote: »
    Living in Swords...ridgewood area. As soon as I walk in the door its gone!!! Vodafone seems ok and O2 has coverage. Im on meteor anytime plus...As far as I know. So do I just start surfing? Dont have to ring them....actually Ive no idea how to setup the iphone for internet... must look into that! Is that 99c thing an add on or do I just go ahead?

If you're in Swords I think it's your phone you should be looking at to be honest...and yeah, for the 99c thing you just go right ahead! :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 madthing

Ive ruled out the phones! Ive tried many phones with my sim....nothing! Also my flat mate is with meteor.... Nada! Drives me crazy! Thanks for the help!!

Advertisement