Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UNLIMITED movie rentals for just 99c until February 2009

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Not really a nightmare but the insistence on installing SilverLight (won't be happening) is a big no no, support for an MS tech is a rather silly way to go, flash is the industry standard and well regarded.

Agreed, awful and this is only a recent change over Christmas.

I can't use SC now as I use Linux and worse the main rental queue works in exactly the same way under silverlight as it previously did under pure html!!

Very stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

When do we have do cancel again end of Jan or Feb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Haven't logged onto my new Screenclick account but a mate of mine was telling me (unlike Moviestar), Screenclick have no 'opt-out / unsubscribe' option online.

You need to phone them on an 0818 number to unsubscribe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

basquille wrote: »
    Haven't logged onto my new Screenclick account but a mate of mine was telling me (unlike Moviestar), Screenclick have no 'opt-out / unsubscribe' option online.

You need to phone them on an 0818 number to unsubscribe.

When i was subscribed to Screenclick previously i just sent an email to their support team but now it does indeed state:
    Cancel Your Account?
    To cancel your account please contact customer support on (0818) 270 710

They said in their email that there would be a larger selection but a lot of dvds I had in my Moviestar queue are gone. The RTE dvds seem to be the ones that are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Anyone know if the prices for the packages on screenclick are once off or monthly?
    Probably monthly but worth a shot at hoping:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Flunked wrote: »
    Anyone know if the prices for the packages on screenclick are once off or monthly?
    Probably monthly but worth a shot at hoping:pac:

Yeah they're monthly...once off would be nice :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I was quite happy with the trial I had so far from Moviestar. They'd a good enough range of Blu-ray discs, and had a quick enough turn around time. I was intending to stick with them after the €1 deal expired.

However, now on Screenclick, there are extremely few Bluray discs (which made up 100% of my Moviestar wishlist), and finding films to watch is awkward. Doesn't even seem to be a Top 20 rentals or whatever. No obvious link ot change the new password either.

Unless their Bluray range increases significantly over the next week or two, it's goodbye to Screenclick from me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

byte wrote: »
    Unless their Bluray range increases significantly over the next week or two, it's goodbye to Screenclick from me.

Well SC didn't have Bluray until this week, so I assume they have gotten them from the moviestar purchase and will add all the moviestar blurays in time, or at least I hope so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Anyone who availed of this offer, and doesn't want to remain subscribed to which is now Screenclick.com, just want to remind you, to cancel now and send back the dvds you have, or you will be charged on Feb 1st. Bronze @ €12.99 p/m (1 DVDs at any one time) unlimited.

Hope got something good for your 99 cent :pac:

davton wrote: »
    Hope got something good for your 99 cent :pac:
    2 Blu-rays... Street Kings and The Assassination of Jesse James.

Watched neither - will unsubscribe tomorrow and send back Street Kings.

Also make sure to get a receipt for it in the post office in case it gets lost in the post.

Only 2? Im guessing you held onto them for awhile?

Well I've noticed over thee last two weeks that the turn around time has vastly improved.

Perhaps because of the ending of the 99c trial and the integration of moviestars staff and systems?

Long may it last.

Can we cancel online or do we have to ring?

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Can we cancel online or do we have to ring?

Yes.

To cancel you must log in and follow the instructions under the "Rental Package" section in your profile.

To change/Cancel your rental package please send an email to Support@Screenclick.com with your change request.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Do these guys have video game rentals, and is this offer still going, as the link doesnt work.

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Do these guys have video game rentals, and is this offer still going, as the link doesnt work.

Offer is long over. See your other thread. Link sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭branners69

I complained about the bad service over Xmas and I got an email saying that I could get the Silver option (2 blu rays at a time) for the price of the Bronze package (€12.99) for the month of February.

I might take it up, I reckon I shoud get 8-10 blu rays for the €12.99!

branners69 wrote: »
    I might take it up, I reckon I shoud get 8-10 blu rays for the €12.99!

Back in the Bust Bee days I use to be able to do 8 - 10 movies a month for €10 on their Bronze package, their turn around time was so good.

sc definitely seem to throttle you so you can only get 4 - 5 movies on bronze, more money, worse service, typically Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Cancelled my account on Screenclick's website
    • Asked for and received confirmation Email that my account was closed.
    • To cancel payment details with Moviestar I was asked to return the movie I had out. They would need to confirm receipt of movie before cancellation process could be completed.
    • I popped the movie in a postbox on Monday 26th but am yet to receive confirmation of receipt on their end.

How long does it usually take to get confirmation that they received returned movies? I'm hoping not to be charged for February; I barely used the service.

I dont think they will email you when its returned. You could login and check if the dvd has been returned in your 'Rental history'. If you do get charged you will be able to get a refund.

byte

Jaysus, forgot to cancel!!

I notice that SC are adding the Moviestar disc inventory to thier own, the current BD I have has an SC sticker over the top of MS sticker.

I still find browsing through their site poor though. Hopefully they'll at least add a BD subsection, now that I'll be stuck with them another month.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

returned my last movie on 26th January by email.

Logged in on screen click and got the email id for change subscription
    Sent a mail asking them to cancel my subs

Received a mail from screenclick that my subscription has been cancelled.

Here is what message i got

Hi xxxxx
    Your account is closed and we hope you enjoyed the service.

We will keep your username and password on file should you decide to return in the future

Thanks

support@screenclick.com

all sorted :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Hmm, I cancelled last week and got the same email on the 29th saying that my account is now closed etc..

Then I got an email later that day saying my next movie has been dispatched and now today I got an email from service@moviestar.ie saying they were having problems processing my payment for February... yeah, luckily I only gave them a wirecard account with about a euro on it so they couldn't rob me like this..
    Hi,

We were unable to process your latest subscription payment on 02 Feb 2009, 05:00. Unfortunately no further movies will be dispatched to you until we receive your next payment.

Please login to www.moviestar.ie to update or confirm your debit/credit card details (check the expiration date of your card as this is the most likely cause of your payment being declined). We will then try to process the payment again and re-activate your account automatically when the payment has been taken successfully. If this problem persists please contact service@moviestar.ie or call 1850 700 100 to speak to one of Customer Services representatives.

If your details are not updated after 2 weeks and you continue to keep your rented movies we reserve the right to charge you at the rate of €1.50 per day for each movie not returned.

visit Moviestar

Problem is the moviestar site just links to screenclick and it's not possible to logon to moviestar anymore.. oh well, email sent to sc anyway.

Got that e-mail yesterday as well... ignored it! :D

EDIT: They can charge me if they want.. I have the e-mails confirming my subscription has been cancelled.

-Phuqer- wrote: »
    Just checked my online banking there and the swines have charged me €13 even though I got a confirmation email saying it was closed. Happen to anyone else?
    Hold on... let me check.

Doubt it as Moviestar sent me a second e-mail after their last one saying they tried payment a second time and it failed.

EDIT: Nope.. nothing from me!

But make sure EVERYONE who signed up for this trial and has since cancelled checks their account...

I lost my CC so they can't charge me even if they want. I still have to send a DVD back I got an email the other week saying they will charge me €1.50 per day if they don't get it back within the next 14 days. I'll be sending it back today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Just checked my online banking there and the swines have charged me €13 even though I got a confirmation email saying it was closed. Happen to anyone else?

Happened to me about 2 weeks ago, sent moviestar an email and they refunded money a week later

• Advertisement

RastaRed wrote: »
    Happened to me about 2 weeks ago, sent moviestar an email and they refunded money a week later

The moviestar/ screenclick amalgamation is causing this. Moviestar should be cancelling it but doing it quick enough. If any problems ring 0818 270 710 and explain and they will refund your card if charged.

Just checked my credit card and I was charged €12.99 from Moviestar on the 2nd of Feb AND it was then hit for €17.99 from Screenclick on the 3rd of Feb.

I had received an email that I could extend my screenclick account on the silver package for €12.99 but I thought Screenclick was going to come out and not Moviestar for the €12.99!!!

Can this not be considered fraudulent seeing as how a now non existing company is deducting money from peoples credit cards??

Sorry to hear that. I dont think it would be fraudulent because moviestar still exists for people who signed up to them hence the cancelling and name on credit card statement.

Best think you can do is ring 0818 270 710 and explain and they will refund your card.

If your credit card statement shows you were charged by 'Moviestar' ring 01-8899058 and they will refund you. This is a moviestar number, if charged by screenclick please use number above.

Cheers for the help Davton, no worries these things happen!

byte

Damn it. Reading this, checked my online account and sure enough I've been charged by both Moviestar and Screenclick. :mad:

Thanks davton for the numbers, hope they open on Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Looks as though my last disk was lost in transit. Movistar.ie is saying that I'll need to pay €20 for the film to cancel my account and have, of course, already charged me €12.99 for this month.

I'm feeling the buyer's remorse - thought I was only in this for 99c. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Iamhere

Credit card bill came today and sure enough was charged by both of them, why should i waste my money ringing them to get my money back, ill go to my card money and see if the can claw it back... Will canx screenclick at the end of the month...

You shouldn't have to waste time or money to ring them. These things are part of the service they are meant to be providing. It seems to be getting worse these with the level of service of companies dealing with electronic transactions.

They should be improving the facilities to get more use people to use them to save themselves time and money. I can think of plenty of examples that i have had to deal with in the past month alone, easypass, eflow, aib and o2, not to mention the two companies involved in this thread.

• Advertisement

Emailed them last night had a reply today, and i got a sorry and a refund, wasnt pleased but at least they got it sorted quick...

Emailed screenclick and they told me to email seanc@moviestar.ie, got a quick reply from him...

byte

Iamhere wrote: »
    Emailed screenclick and they told me to email seanc@moviestar.ie, got a quick reply from him...
    Yeah, it was Sean that replied to my email also, issuing an apology and refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I got charged for the month of February even though I cancelled my account after only a few weeks with screenclick.I rang screenclick and they said they'd organise a refund with moviestar,they didn't.So I rang moviestar and
    they sorted out my refund immediately.While I was on the phone to moviestar,I told the guy how disappointed I was they had been taken over
    by screenclick as screenclicks turn over and customer service was appalling.
    When I was with moviestar I could post a dvd back on Wednesday, they would receive it on Thursday and send out my next dvd which I would have by Friday.With screenclick if you sent the dvd on Tuesday they still wouldn't send you your next one until Friday so you wouldn't receive it until Monday.:eek: I really don't know how they are going to last cause everybody seems to be cancelling now.

• Advertisement
    byte

They seem to be lasting pretty well, and buying up any competition to ensure it stays that way.

byte wrote: »
    They seem to be lasting pretty well, and buying up any competition to ensure it stays that way.

just thinking about that and the whole take over. Did moviestar price themselves out of busy because they were always cheaper then screenclick. And even then they provided a better service.

Even that they have closed, they are still providing a better service. People who were charged by them by mistake, and people who were charged by screenclick by mistake, i bet you will be refunded by moviestar before screenclick refunds you.

PWEI wrote: »
    When I was with moviestar I could post a dvd back on Wednesday, they would receive it on Thursday and send out my next dvd which I would have by Friday.With screenclick if you sent the dvd on Tuesday they still wouldn't send you your next one until Friday so you wouldn't receive it until Monday.:eek: I really don't know how they are going to last cause everybody seems to be cancelling now.

Actually things seem to have greatly improved with screenclick in the last month, I'm managing to get 2 DVD's per week now (on the single DVD at a time plan), long may it last.

Perhaps they are using Moviestars facilities now or perhaps it is all you guys cancelling and freeing up resources, cheers :)

Advertisement