Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

samsung

• 21-11-2008 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

bought a smasung le40f86bdx 40 inch lcd about 7 months and was watching it other night and the screen went all black turned it off left it for a minute or 2 and turned it back on it was working again but 10 mins later it went and picture hasnt came back i have sound and flicking through the channels i came to the channel with nothing on them but static the picture goes all orange-red, any ideas what could have happened?, play the xbox 360 on it but dont think that could cause much damage 2 it. after spending over a grand on it i didnt think i would b sending it away to be fixed. any ideas would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

If it's still under warranty (I'm guessing you get 12 months) then send it in for repairs.

No TV should break down like that from normal usage. Must just be a dodgy unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

it should b there coming to pick it up in couple of days, wonder what are the chances it will happen again, have seen a few samsungs on the web with same problems to mine

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Whatever happened, it wouldn't really have been the Xbox that caused it.

If it's a common problem, there's a chance that they'll replace the known faulty components with superior components in the hope that the issue won't recur.

was told that the mainboard is being replaced, any idea what would cause that?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Bad luck I guess

As long as it doesn't happen again!

• Advertisement

one can hope i suppose, thanks for the advice

Advertisement