Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DealExtreme Question

• 21-11-2008 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone tell me the difference between a TF card and an OEM card?Are they both literally the same?

Also, I ordered 4 DSTT cards and little bit worried they could be stopped at customs. What's the most you should order at the time before they could be flagged?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Micro sd cards are also called trans flash cards aswell i think

that micro sd cards themselves are probably fake but should work fine (oem ones mightnt have any writing on them)

I've a ordered lot more than 4 cards off dealextreme before and havent had to pay customs yet, so I'd say you should be fine

from the 1st of december you can get 150 euros worth of stuff from outside the eu without any import duty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I'm fairly sure dealextreme put a low value on the shipping label. Have ordered from them a few times with no trouble but always used tnt, dhl etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

from the 1st of december you can get 150 euros worth of stuff from outside the eu without any import duty

They will probably include the cost of shipping within the €150 though. Still should make US stuff more accessible. Gotta get me one of these t-shirts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Thanks guys for clearing that up for me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

AntiRip wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone tell me the difference between a TF card and an OEM card?Are they both literally the same?

Also, I ordered 4 DSTT cards and little bit worried they could be stopped at customs. What's the most you should order at the time before they could be flagged?

Cheers

I have ordered 10 DS cards at a time from DX and Volumerate without issue.

In reference to your question about the OEM reference; it just means that its a 'no name' card or not branded. They are all TF/micro SD cards.

• Advertisement
Advertisement