Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Tropical Fish Setup

Options
  • 21-11-2008 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm thinking of setting up a tropical fish tank in my home. I have absolutely no experience with this sort of thing and am looking to get advice of a good provider firstly, preferably in Dublin / Kildare area.

I'd also like to view a number of fish tanks but am having trouble finding anything on google related to Ireland.

Any advice on the setup, provider and looking after fish would be welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Hi Pixie Dixie,
    There is a lot of information on the internet about fish-keeping.
    You can check the www.irishfishkeepers.com website. It's a discussion forum and the users are primarily based in Ireland. It encompasses 2 fish keeping clubs : the ITFS in Dublin and the CFKS in Galway.
    You will find a lot of information about setting up tanks and a lot of experience shared by our users.
    If you have any queries, don't hesitate to post there, there will be someone to answer.
    Kindest regards,
    Valerie
    www.irishfishkeepers.com

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

hey pixie if you get the time or can travel to dun laoighaire pop out to fintastic aquatics,, for some great advice and there are also a few display set ups to view,, well worth a visit im sure anyone here who has been there will verifly that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 HiTecRedneck

Hey Pixie, call into any good bookstore and you'll usually find an array of books on how to get started in tropical fishkeeping. You'd be best starting out wit a 'Community' setup wit your first tank (i.e non aggressive breeds tat will get on together) then move on from there. It's amazing the colours and shapes of some fish! Good luck wit it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

the fish bowl in lucan is great!!very helpful!!i got mine there and was the same as you!they talked me through everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pixie Dixie

Thanks people

• Advertisement
Advertisement