Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello there need help with wiring guitar

Options
  • 21-11-2008 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I've started to repaint and rewire an old guitar, i have lying around for ages> The spraypainting went without any trouble but i cant say the same for the wiring. Got 2 new Seymour Duncan Dist humburkers 2 new volume pots and tone Followed the wiring diagram i got with the pickups to the letter. Checked and double checked but still no sound, well there is a low sound when there is effects on but no clean sound what so ever. Ive pulled out all the wirng 3 times now and cant trace the problem.. When it actualy work i'll posta pic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

what guitar is it??

get a multi-meter in maplis for about 12 quid and it will test your connections

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Post a pic.

The easiest thing to forget is probably joining the two coils in each humbucker.

Advertisement