Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leastone jh004

• 21-11-2008 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

What prices are theses cars making,rolling form and complete thinking of taking the plunge into the vee,i would want to get a more modern package thats competeive from the start i have been interested in the leastone vee jh004,whats a front running vee making these days???whats the best chassis/engine combination eg.leastone/leastone sheane/dotherty all help is graetly appricaited

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

We built a JH004 over the winter last year, and the new chassis did win the 2007 championship with a Leastone built engine in it driven by Ken Elliott.
    Any combo will win. The engines are pretty much on a par with each other, but the Dohertys outweigh the Leastone engines almost 4:1. Like wise Sheanes outweigh Leastones by 5:1 at least. So chances its usually a Sheane Doherty that wins. Next year there will be 4 JH004 chassis out, maybe 5.
    I know of a Sheane rolling chassis for sale for at least 8k, and a Sheane with an engine for 9.5k - but just to let you know, I sold my front running Leastone at end of 2007 for 6k. It won the 2008 rookie championship ship at a canter, and had 1 outright podium with a rookie driver. I also know of a Doherty engined Leastone changing hands for around 4k (it does need shocks though), so do have a look around.
    I think a JH004 chassis kit is around 2800 euro, but you must add the beam, shocks, engine, gearbox, electrics, extinguisher, wheels and tyres.
    As for engines, a Leastone one is around 2500 euro, depending on what you supply yourself (heads and that), a Doherty I believe is 3500 stg or so.

The JH004 is very snug inside, unlke a Sheane, so do bear this in mind.
    We will be running 3 cars next year, a Leastone Jh004/Leastone, a Leastone JH002/Leastone and a Leastone JH002/Doherty, as well as building up a Sheane during the year. Pm if you need any advice or info.

Advertisement