Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Nokia Wifi via Bluetooth with PDA

• 21-11-2008 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

Is there a way to share the nokia wifi connection with a PDA via Bluetooth?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Do you mean the wifi or a 3G connection that your trying to share? What PDA do you have that does not have wifi in it, thought that would be pretty standard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Yes, share the Wifi connection of my Nokia E51 with an Ipaq 2210 via BT.
    robinph wrote: »
    Do you mean the wifi or a 3G connection that your trying to share? What PDA do you have that does not have wifi in it, thought that would be pretty standard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

qwertz wrote: »
    Yes, share the Wifi connection of my Nokia E51 with an Ipaq 2210 via BT.
    robinph wrote: »
    NOT ;) ...
    Good question though: what pda is it?
    Also: op, are you aware of wifi cards for pda's/ppc's? I used to use one with a palm treo that pops into the memory card slot and gives it full wifi usability...

Another point could be the age and bt-version of your mystery pda... Speeds might be underwhelming?!
    Anyhoo... Specifics, man, specifics! Hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

i think it might be possible. I remember coming across an app that claimed to share connections recently.. I had no use for it so i didnt save the link or app.. You might find it google tho..
    Can your pda connect to the internet via bluetooth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

mathew wrote: »
    i think it might be possible. I remember coming across an app that claimed to share connections recently.. I had no use for it so i didnt save the link or app.. You might find it google tho..
    Can your pda connect to the internet via bluetooth?

I wonder if you mean joikuspot or walkinghotspot? That'd require both devices to have wifi! His problem afaik is different and there's no app to solve it. He's gotta pair the devices in the right way, and if we only knew what pda he has we'd all be wiser ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Ipaq 2210, as specified in msg #3.

I tried an SD Wifi card a couple of years ago but firmware of the Ipaq didn't support that particular model.

Advertisement