Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its about time... "Harry Grooms" Dump

Options
  • 21-11-2008 9:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

I see the dump that was on West St, Drogheda has been ordered to be cleaned up by the environmental officer. "Harry Grooms" ("The Weavers") has been derelict and left to rot for some time. Broken windows, front doors falling off and pieces all over cracking and falling, its owner Ashling Brady got the order to get her act together and clean the mess up off our Drogheda main street.

Gawd, it was an eye sore. Could you imagine a dump being allowed for 5 minutes like this on O'Connell street!
    Pity it's taking a government order to get her to pull the finger out...

ajlbip.jpg

The state of the place last week...

2dbnxjt.jpg

Well done Jeanne Kiernan on issuing the order.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

What the fcuk happened this place once the best pub in the north east,I remember the Weavers if you werent dressed to the nines you would not get your nose in the door, if there was any room to get in , what a shame.

Maca

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

It was a disgrace that the place was left to rot away.

They changed the inner decor once too often. Made it too spacious and wide opening.
    Even if half full, the place felt like it was still empty.
    At the time (I guess) they must have thought that if they made more room, they'd pack more in.
    As they discovered, when others found it lost its "homely" feeling, they went elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Can't say I was ever really a fan but it was a very popular spot in it's day.

I worked on accomodation upstairs which the Bradys spent a few bob on in the late 90's which must also have been let go to bits.

Advertisement