Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring images from a Digital CamerA to a PC

Options
  • 21-11-2008 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭

Sorry in advance for such a basic query, but I use my PC for word documents and the internet only.

My wife has a digital camera (Samsung L730 - if that means anything to you) and I have a PC (Dell Dimension 3000).

Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer the images from the camera to the PC directly. The memory card on the camera does not have any obvious point of entry on the PC. It is much wider that the USB ports on the PC.

And the cable which comes with the camera has two cables which again have no obvious point of entry on the PC.

The PC was bought in 2006 and the camera a year later, so I am surprised that there is no apparent compatibilty.

If there is not something really obvious that I am missing here is there some equipment I can but to bring the PC up to speed?

Many Thanks, P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

you should have a usb cable and a software disc that came with the camera

(1)first install the software to your computer(this will have some bundled programs that might make it easy for transfering your photo's) then connect the camera with the supplied usb cable

or(2) Just connect the camera with the computer and it should be recognised by the operating system,it will then give you a number of options choose transfer photo's to a folder on the hard drive and follow instructions,

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The L370 should have a port on it very similar looking to this:

Mini-USB port
    open560.jpg

Plug in this:

usb-kabel-mini=foto=canon.jpg

The larger end fits into either a port on the front of the Dimension, or there will be a port for it on the back:

dim3000-angle-480.jpg

On the dimension, this is the plug located right next to That Pentium 4 Sticker.

Advertisement