Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orbital reforming

• 21-11-2008 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭

playing the Big Chill festival next year.
    announced tonight by Pete Tong on Radio 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Whohoo!!!!!!! Probably play some Irish festival hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

so the lads have realised there kinda crappy on their own, good news though, their old stuff is class, last 2/3 albums a bit iffy though!but still a welcome return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Great news. Cheers op
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There goes my claim to have been at their third last gig... but good stuff, as long as I can get to see them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

excellent news! It would be great if they did EP next year (mainly cos I already have my tickets:D )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

here is the link - http://www.nme.com/news/orbital/41214

would love to see them play in ireland allso!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

YESSSSSSSSSSS im absolutely ecstastic with this news, Orbital for me are the absolute kings of dance music bar none,nobody comes remotely close IMO, my favourite dance act ever ,they are amazing and needless to say i will certainly be going to this even if i have to pay over the odds, this is deadly, first Future Sound Of London announce they will be playing in March 2009 for the first time in 10 years and now this, im delighted.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:):):):):):)

http://www.myspace.com/orbitalofficial

Electronica pioneers Orbital will headline The Big Chill 2009 - with the Hartnoll brothers returning for their first live show in five years.

Orbital split in 2004 after establishing themselves as one of the most influential acts in dance music history. Tracks such as the classic ‘Chime’ and later number 1 hit ‘The Box’ helped shape the UK’s burgeoning club scene.

As their 20th anniversary approaches; their live return will rekindle memories of their era-defining Glastonbury performance in 1994; and the raucous live shows that introduced an improvisational element to live electronic music.

Orbital took live performance beyond the realms of standard DJing; with spontaneity and experimentation setting a blue-print for noughties electro-darlings such as Simian Mobile Disco and Justice.

Their plans for the Big Chill are under wraps for now; but expect wall-to wall anthems, expansive audio-visuals – and the return of Paul and Phil’s trademark torch-glasses.

“It’s not an exercise in nostalgia, the time just seems right,” says Orbital’s Phil Hartnoll. “Everything just seemed to fall into place. I’ve played at the Big Chill before, I DJed there and had a really good time - it’s an amazing festival. The timing is also good: 20 years of being together.”

“We’ve got 15 years of active service, making song” comments Paul Hartnoll. “If you boil that down to a 90-minute festival set you should get something thoroughly exciting from beginning to end. Let’s put some fun back into it.”

Big Chill Festival Music Programmer Guy Morley commented that “Orbital’s return is a massive coup, and a great way to kick things off for next year’s festival.

I’m delighted that they have chosen to reform for the Big Chill - I’ve been badgering them for years! Orbital have been one of the most important dance artists of the last two decades, and a huge influence on today’s electronica scene.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

They're brothers aren't they?
    Never really split up in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Fantastic news, can't wait to see if they come out with new stuff. Thanks OP! :cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Hmmm, I reserve judgement until I hear any new work but don't hold much hope of it being of interest. The last few albums were pretty bland and I had no interest in their solo efforts. It ended for me after In Sides in 1996. I keep meaning though to listen again to the last few albums, just in case I change my mind :pac:

Maybe this reform though is just for reliving the memories by way of live gigs... and giving them a cash injection from their less popular solo attempts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

excellent news! It would be great if they did EP next year (mainly cos I already have my tickets:D )

Ditto for Glasto, getting goosebumps now just thinking of how awesome that would be!

The greatest Live Dance act without question.

Great news, hope they play EP. If not its over to the Uk for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

jonny68 wrote: »
    YESSSSSSSSSSS im absolutely ecstastic with this news, Orbital for me are the absolute kings of dance music bar none,nobody comes remotely close IMO, my favourite dance act ever ,they are amazing and needless to say i will certainly be going to this even if i have to pay over the odds, this is deadly, first Future Sound Of London announce they will be playing in March 2009 for the first time in 10 years and now this, im delighted.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

im gladyou said dance music if you had of said electronic music i would of shot you!!!!!! no doubt theyll end up playing ****** or something - lots of boy racers around!!! nevertheless will probably go!

Advertisement