Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ceiling speakers

• 21-11-2008 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hey, I'm renovating my apartment and have wired it up for ceiling sounds and am going to go with a sonos system, can anyone reccomend good ceiling speakers, dont want to go too mental on the price. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

kenny1979 wrote: »
    dont want to go too mental on the price. thanks

My personal opinion would for you just be aware that ceiling speakers don't sound the best (from a stereo point of view) in general, so it _may_ be worth spending a little extra to at least get as good a sound as you can get.

I put in these in my house. Something like €300 a pair. I am only using them for surrounds though, not (really) for music. Put proper stereo speakers in for the Fronts.

L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭doc crock

yeah anything i have seen points to the b&W speakers , only people who take them seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Monitor Radius 90's are a small wall mountable speaker they come with a neat little wall bracket. They cost €199 a pair form Richer Sounds. They were originally designed as part of a home cinema package so are very versatile. They are very easy on the eye and ear and handle bass very well for such a small cabinet. I have matched mine with the r360 subwoofer (£200) which further enchances the sound. You can buy a similar sized bose set for €500 which are downright ugly and add nothing to the aural experience.

Advertisement