Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Rock Band 2 out yet??

• 21-11-2008 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭

I thought it was out today but I can't see anything about it and it wasn't in any shop either.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yep, it was out today. Game only though and not very prominantly displayed in many shops so you had to look out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

robinph wrote: »
    Yep, it was out today. Game only though and not very prominantly displayed in many shops so you had to look out for it.

I'll have a look in Game tomorrow. Thanks for that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sorry, I meant game only, as in no instuments, rather than Game was the only shop that had it. Infact, Game (the shop) only seemed to have two copies mixed in with their trade in shelf when I passed through and not on the chart/ new release shelf at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was really surprised at the underwhelming presence in the shops today. Think a couple of copies (one or two) buried at the bottom of the charts in Gamestop and HMV was all I saw. Won't be getting it for a few weeks, but shame it has such a lowly presence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

i would say it has alot to do with the fact that its game only and most of the shops will want to clear guitar hero world tour packages this side of christmas, when i was in gamestop yesterday the guy in front of me asked for rockband 2 witi guitar, sales person said not available and flogged guy world tour with guitar, the bloke then traded in world tour straight out of the box mind.

• Advertisement

I was in Smyths last night and on the Upcoming release board they had RB2 down as the 5th of December?? Not a mention of the game anywhere else in the shop...I did notice loads of RB1 and GHWT. I had a quick look in xtravision and nothing there either. I'll try game this morning and see what happens. I think you guys are right there is no pressure to sell it cos the instruments are not out and there is a flood of GHWT and RB1 out there. I only want the game cos I have the instruments from RB1 and I have enough guitars and drums filling the room. If I come home with another 360 guitar herself will string me up.:(

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Not 100% sure why this is the case but the games official release has come and gone but there is very little stock around. It looks like there has been an unofficial delay to the Irish launch :rolleyes:

We weren't able to source any pre release stock from the Irish distributors at all. They are not getting their own deliveries until the end of next week at earliest so Smyths having 5th Dec down is probably accurate as to when the stock will be available in general. Game / HMV would be getting stock through the UK stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Will ye be selling the full band kit gamesnash? How much etc. ?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Batesy wrote: »
    Will ye be selling the full band kit gamesnash? How much etc. ?

We are hoping to alright but are waiting for stock availabillity / pricing on the band kit. ( Also out of stock with the distributors )

Not 100% sure why this is the case but the games official release has come and gone but there is very little stock around. It looks like there has been an unofficial delay to the Irish launch :rolleyes:

We weren't able to source any pre release stock from the Irish distributors at all. They are not getting their own deliveries until the end of next week at earliest so Smyths having 5th Dec down is probably accurate as to when the stock will be available in general. Game / HMV would be getting stock through the UK stores.

I did look at your site last night but I didn't see anything about the game so I guessed you guys were not stocking it yet......I did get a copy today in Game in Newbridge (last copy). At the moment if anyone is looking for it in Naas xtravision, smyths, game dont have it. and all say it could be another week or more before they have the game only.
    As it goes I am liking RB2, It's much more polished than RB1.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

I got mine in xtra vision so they are stocking it, but two whole copies on shelve that said i traded in my copy of RB1 for it as my bro has it too so gonna use his to export the songs i got 35 quid for it which i think is the most i have ever got for a game thats out as long as it has been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Saw it in Zavvi today. No instruments yet though (just RB1 instruments, which are the old ones).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I saw it in HMV Henry Street today for €52.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

ShaneU wrote: »
    I saw it in HMV Henry Street today for €52.99

I bought it in HMV Cruises Street Friday for €52.99 ;)

Which is a steal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I bought it in HMV Cruises Street Friday for €52.99 ;)

Which is a steal!
    I have no idea where Cruises street is...is that where the scientology headquarters are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

cruises street, limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

got it last week in Limerick also. Instruments for RB2 aren't out til Dec 5th.

it cost 400 points to import RB1 songs onto RB2. You do this in RB1 not RB2. In the option section go to import then pay 400 points and it saves all the tracks onto the HDD 1.4gig in total.

Huh, we have to pay them 400 points to use the content that we already have in the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

it sounds bad, but when you think about it whats stopping you from renting rockband 1 for 5 euro and import all the tracks to the HDD. Its licensing not M/S making a quick buck this time.

Fair point, forgot about people renting games. Probably just means that I'm now accumulating far too many though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement