Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Coldplay ablum to buy a young fella?

Options
  • 21-11-2008 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

An old timer here. Don't know who Coldplay are!, well I know they did Yellow :).

My 12yr old says he likes them so I want to get him an album of theirs for Christmas. Normally, I might get somebody a greatest hits or the new album if I was buying music but I see that Coldplay don't have a hits album. Do they have one with a few singles or which one would be regarded as their best?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Going by his age, I'd imagine he's up to speed with their most recent stuff, so I'd get him their latest album Viva La Vida Or Death and all his Friends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I think their previous album X and Y would be a safe bet - about half of it contained songs released as singles. So it would be familiar to the 12-year-old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks for the replies. Got the track listings of their albums and went to youtube. Think X&Y might be one. Fix You is on that album, the song that got him on to Coldplay. I recognise a few others too. Then he might get the new album himself later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Viva la vida!IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭tinkletoes

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    Viva la vida!IMO

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

You could always buy him a Joe Satriani album! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I think their previous album X and Y would be a safe bet - about half of it contained songs released as singles. So it would be familiar to the 12-year-old.
    Totally agree with that. Personally i cant stand them but thats the best album

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

'Parachutes' is the best by a country mile. All went downhill after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

shayser wrote: »
    An old timer here. Don't know who Coldplay are!, well I know they did Yellow :).

My 12yr old says he likes them so I want to get him an album of theirs for Christmas. Normally, I might get somebody a greatest hits or the new album if I was buying music but I see that Coldplay don't have a hits album. Do they have one with a few singles or which one would be regarded as their best?

None of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

You could always buy him a Joe Satriani album! :P

Harsh... but fair! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement