Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb-eircom

Options
  • 21-11-2008 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

hi lads!
    i have a question for ye here.this is my story:)
    i've moved into my new house about a year ago.wanted to take my chorus broadband with me but....when the engineer came in to try and do it,he said that he'll have to lift my beautiful wooden floor.its a bit weird coz nobody else on the street has had the same problem.
    anyway,i got the wireless digiweb package.im not happy with it coz the cap is too low.thought about switching to IBB but the lads told me it wasnt great.so now im thinking....digiweb have installed an antenna on my roof and now i have a phone in me house.can i use this as a landline for eircom?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

hi lads!
    i have a question for ye here.this is my story:)
    i've moved into my new house about a year ago.wanted to take my chorus broadband with me but....when the engineer came in to try and do it,he said that he'll have to lift my beautiful wooden floor.its a bit weird coz nobody else on the street has had the same problem.
    anyway,i got the wireless digiweb package.im not happy with it coz the cap is too low.thought about switching to IBB but the lads told me it wasnt great.so now im thinking....digiweb have installed an antenna on my roof and now i have a phone in me house.can i use this as a landline for eircom?:confused:

The antenna????

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    The antenna????

a receiver rather.

a receiver rather.

No you will need to get an Eircom landline into your house to make use of Eircom broadband. You will then have to pay line rental too, it might work out very pricey.

No you will need to get an Eircom landline into your house to make use of Eircom broadband. You will then have to pay line rental too, it might work out very pricey.
    :( maybe there is some wireless broadband i dunno about?with a cap around 100gb and a speed at least 2mb.coz it looks like i cant get any wired broadband into my place:mad:

:( maybe there is some wireless broadband i dunno about?with a cap around 100gb and a speed at least 2mb.coz it looks like i cant get any wired broadband into my place:mad:

I doubt it very much that there would be one with a cap of 200 gb. Which broadband providers have you tried? Would you not just get the wodden floor taken up and put back down, or would there be a way of getting around doing that? UPC would be good to go with, i was going to go with them myself but they weren't in my area. Have Eircom now and am very happy with it.

• Advertisement

I doubt it very much that there would be one with a cap of 200 gb. Which broadband providers have you tried? Would you not just get the wodden floor taken up and put back down, or would there be a way of getting around doing that? UPC would be good to go with, i was going to go with them myself but they weren't in my area. Have Eircom now and am very happy with it.
    cant lift up the wooden floor coz it'll get ruined.the problem with eircom is the same as NTL+im on o2 bill pay and hardly ever use my phone :(.will try to invite an engineer from chorus again in january when my contract runs and see if they can do anything...again...thanks for the answers:)

cant lift up the wooden floor coz it'll get ruined.the problem with eircom is the same as NTL+im on o2 bill pay and hardly ever use my phone :(.will try to invite an engineer from chorus again in january when my contract runs and see if they can do anything...again...thanks for the answers:)

No problem mate, hope you get sorted.

Advertisement