Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC cant find my address?

Options
  • 21-11-2008 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else come across this before? I ordered broadband from them a week ago and got a mail today saying they cant find my address and that I can't get it installed on the day I want.

My house has been here 11 years and is on every electronic registry I've ever used. It's a fair sized estate so someone else MUST have UPC TV/Broadband.

I think it has something to do with the indian call center not knowing the format of Irish addresses (I'm dealing with them through India).

My BT will be cut off soon. What to do?

Comments

They have a call centre in India? Any time I called them I got through to Limerick. Unless I was just lucky? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

You probably got an Indian working in Limerick they have no call centre in India.
    I'd give them another call and reorder they probably put your details in wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

No, it was from India, the number was +91 - India.

I'll call them tomorrow and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Elessar wrote: »

If someone called you from India claiming to be NTL, i sure hope you did not give them bank details...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Elessar wrote: »

ya sure it wasnt 091, galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I just rang them there. It's a sales tactic, a dirty one at that. Their Indian center apparently can't find lots of addresses...so people ring up to book their order and the phone sales people cannot drop the €25 charge. It must be paid, or wait indefinitely until India creates your address.

Funny enough, they can have the installation done much quicker than if you buy online and dont pay, who'd have thought?!

Because my broadband is likely to be cut off with BT very soon I reluctantly agreed to pay the €25. No matter what I said the lady on the phone could not drop the charge. They used to but the sales team have had several meetings with management and they are told specifically not to do it anymore.

I think this is an awful tactic for customers who have had problems with online ordering and want to make a complaint. I want to get the €25 back or at least credited to my account.

Who should I complain to in UPC? I'll inform comreg if I have to.

Advertisement