Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bt 6mb or anyone elses 7.6mb

Options
  • 21-11-2008 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

apparently my exchange has finally been upgraded .. used to be with BT for their 3MB

Now they offer 6mb!?

But i can get 7.6mb (potentially) off Eircom, imagine or digiweb for slightly more a month.. is there any real difference between BT and the rest ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Your exchange has been upgraded by whom? Eircom or BT?

You may be being offered the new mid-range 6mb adsl 2+ product from bt or you may be being offered the best speed available to you out of 7.6mb from eircoms range of upgrades.

Not every1 can get 7.6mb only those within spitting distance of an exhange with decent lines will be offered it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

In the table below I mean that old speeds were the speeds of the networks before the upgrades.

By Eircom upgrades I mean the adsl upgrades that Eircom have done (This is what you will get off BT if you are not on an LLU exchange.)

By BT upgrades I mean the adsl2+ upgrades that BT have done on their own unbundled exchanges.

Old speeds|Eircom Upgrades|BT Upgrades
    1mbps|1mbps|1mbps
    2mbps|3mbps|6mbps
    3mbps|7.6mbps|24mbps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

It's not an unbundled exchange.. its an Eircom upgrade.

So BT are offering 6mb out of a potential 7.6mb

I know I may not get the whole 7.6mb from another supplier but is it worth doing ? is there any real difference ?

Advertisement