Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cake/Biscuits?

• 22-11-2008 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

My oven had been broken for a few weeks and we got it fixed today. I was so excited about being able to use it again, I decided to make biscuits.

I followed the recipe exactly, but, while they taste very nice, they are not at all crunchy. A bit of moistness is nice, but these are like mini cakes.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

If you want crisp biscuits, bake them on the lower third of your oven, at 160°c for around 20mins or until brown around the edges. Rotate the baking tray 180° halfway through cooking. For softer biscuits, bake at 180°c for 12-15mins. Make sure your oven is pre-heated, and be careful if your oven is fan-assisted, as you may need to reduce the temp. by 10-20°c.

Also, using softened butter will result in a biscuit that will spread and become thin and crisp when baked. For a slightly thicker biscuit, use butter straight from the fridge, diced, and beaten until just soft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Also I saw James Martin making Biscotti before and he said after about 5 mins after putting the tray into the oven open it just for a second to let the steam out...makes crispy instead of soggy biccies!

Advertisement