Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] [Recruitment]LiveTech is looking for new members.

Options
  • 22-11-2008 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi,
    My corp, LiveTech is currently looking for new members of all skill points and professions (except pirates).

We are mainly a mining/ship building corp but we also have a PvP corp within our alliance.

We are based in high-sec Gallante space and also have a research POS there too.

We provide free ammo, equipment, some skills, drones, etc in a common hanger accessible to all. LT gives a discount to any ship purchased from the corp (We have a quite collection of BPs from frigs to BCs and even a couple of mining barge blueprints). And...

we have a salvage program/Auction system. Donate your salvage from wrecks and we'll give you points for use in our weekly auctions for rigs and other high-end items, Also...

We have a website with forums, ventrilo access, a mineral exchange program (sell your ore/mins to us w/o dealing with market taxes/fees), and some other things I'm sure I've forgotten.

So if you're looking for a relaxed group of miners and combat pilots that's active and hard-working? LiveTech's the place!

For more info, PM me or convo me ingame.
    You can check out our website at http://livetech.org
    Also if any established players know or hear of any newbies looking for a corp I would be very greatful if you direct them to this post.

Thank you for your time.
    TheJaff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

**** posts in this thread will be treated with extreme prejudice, you've been warned. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

LiveTech is currently looking for new members of all skill points and professions (except pirates).

This turns me right off. As soon as corps say theyre anti-pirate you know its a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheJaff

Sand wrote: »
    This turns me right off. As soon as corps say theyre anti-pirate you know its a waste of time.

Never said we were anti-pirate, I just meant we are currently not looking to recruit any :p

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

Not at all yo!, some of my best memories in Eve were flying in either in small groups with corp mates, or flying along side Ushrakan back in 2005/2006 chasing down some of the nasty pirates either in low sec or KBP7-G choke point..

Its a perfectly valid way for carebearish players to band together and learn how to PVP against vets.. I grew up fighting Spontanious Defenstration down in providence.. Was totally ****ing Epic.. Constantly losing ships to these unbeatble guys.. eventually learning what to do when etc.. eventually winning 1 in 3 fights etc etc.. You can learn so much from fighting good adversaries and lets face it.. you have to be half decent to make any sort of careerer as a pirate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭Sand

To say they are a waste of time if they are anti-pirate is BS, could mean they just don't shoot non-flashys or war targets.

I am just approaching it from the point of view that a lot of people play EVE for fun, and fun can mean killing other people.

Anything that inteferes with that goal - such as "No, you cant shoot that guy even though hes not blue and hence hasnt justified a reason to be" - reduces the fun of your corp members. And to be honest, doing unto others before they do unto you is the best policy in EVE.

But thats just my view. Can be annoying enough roaming 20 jumps looking for a kill to find only neutrals who you cant shoot:( And theyre all alt scouts anyway. And I have dealt enough with the ingame morality police:(
    Never said we were anti-pirate, I just meant we are currently not looking to recruit any

Can you clarify your ROE then? Is it Not Blue? Shoot It! or Not Red? Dont Shoot! I have seen a lot of people using "piracy" as a shorthand term for NBSI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheJaff

I am just approaching it from the point of view

You should change that sentence to read "I am just approaching it from my point of view"

Not everyone in Eve plays to PvP, thats the nature of the game. Players are free to choose what they want to do. We as a corp choose to be a non PvP corp that caters to players (esp newbies) who do not want or are not ready to participate in PvP.

Like I said in my original post, we do have a PvP corp in our alliance, NightWalkers. If a member of LT wishes to get involved in PvP they can simply join that corp and go on the numerous roaming ops that they do. I'm not exactly sure how they conduct these ops, as I'm not involved with that side of things, but the PvPers there seem to get enough action to keep them happy.

Pirate to me is a term often used in the the wrong sense. To me pirates are can flippers and that sort of player, not players flying in low-sec or 0.0 looking for willing and able pilots to shoot their guns at.
    We simply don't want members of our corp pissing of newbie miners in high-sec when we are supposed to be a newbie miner friendly corp, it's simple common sense really:)

So if PvP is where you get your kicks then good for you, but please don't critasize players or corps that are having fun in the game doing something else. At least they're having fun!

Advertisement