Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackburn

Options
  • 22-11-2008 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

It's a bit quiet around here at the moment so lets get talking about this game,I think we will win it,maybe 2-0,and if a couple of results go our way we could move up the table a bit.but knowing our luck Robbo will probably have a feckin blinder..:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

tippspur wrote: »
    It's a bit quiet around here at the moment so lets get talking about this game,I think we will win it,maybe 2-0,and if a couple of results go our way we could move up the table a bit.but knowing our luck Robbo will probably have a feckin blinder..:rolleyes:

I think Robbo will play well (and I hope he has 6 or 7 brilliant saves) but I hope he will let one slip in and we'll win 1 - 0.
    And I hope Robbo will get the reception (standing ovation!) he deserves!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

You have to laugh at the people who say Robbo is playing well, no team has let in more goals than Blackburn and while it isn't all his fault it isn't a wonderful coincidence either. Saw him moaning that he didn't get support from Spurs, any one of us who is sane would have dropped him many months before he was actually dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Going on current form, we should win this game comfortably.

Hope there's no mid-week international hangovers for any of the players who travelled.

And I hope Robbo will get the reception (standing ovation!) he deserves! +1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

hotspur wrote: »
    You have to laugh at the people who say Robbo is playing well, no team has let in more goals than Blackburn and while it isn't all his fault it isn't a wonderful coincidence either. Saw him moaning that he didn't get support from Spurs, any one of us who is sane would have dropped him many months before he was actually dropped.
    Robbo shouldn't be moaning, he was piss poor and deserved to be dropped,i think his main moan was that Ramos done feck all to help him when things went bad for him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Heading over in the morning so fingers crossed we can get a win. Think it'll be 2-1 to the Spurs.

• Advertisement

tippspur wrote: »
    Robbo shouldn't be moaning, he was piss poor and deserved to be dropped,i think his main moan was that Ramos done feck all to help him when things went bad for him...

IMO Robbo makes a fair point, when you take into account the support and faith Harry has shown to the current players.

Was Robbo any worse than Gomes the Octopus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

hotspur wrote: »

Funny how he forgets he was ever-present during season 2006/07 when he was making fcuk up after fcuk up, or does that support not count?

Robinson's deterioration was over an extended period, 18 months or so. Harry's current predicament is that he has to work with the squad he inherited until at least January, and if he can get Gomes playing better he'd prefer to spend the transfer funds he will have on other areas of the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm hoping for a win. On current form we should win, though who knows. We were not good against Fulham, and we're missing Modric, but realistically we should be able to be a poor Blackburn team at home. I hope anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

With Modric out will 'Arry go 4-4-2 with Pav or Campbell up front with Bent?

Either that or he plays Jenas pushed forward in the Modric role and plays O'Hara on the left with Hudd and Zokora in the center and Bentley on the right. Can't see him try Lennon as well as Bentley from the off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

1-0, blackburn with a man sent off for 2 fouls on lennon who is on FIRE today!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

played brill today. great win and a clean sheet up to 14th now for the min anyway!

lennon was brilliant today. i am quick enough to give him stick for under performing but this year he is playing relly well. also though pav was quality today too.

harry redknapp has turned the belief back to spurs and all the players show they believe again and all want to be on the ball!

come on you spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

take a bow Aaron Lennon great performance today also thought Hudd and Woodgate were impressive.COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I can't say I was particularly pleased with the performance, especially considering Blackburn were down to 10 men. Hudd and Lennon were great, as were Woodgate, Pav and Corluka. Was not that impressed with anyone else. Still, another win and we're out of the bottom 3, hopefully to never return there.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

a win is a win not the most polished performance but another 3 points,lennon was very impressive hopefully he can get a start in acouple of games and get a bit of a run going sharpest i have seen him in a long time.Apart from that no stand out performers gomes didnt have a lot too do so hopefully the clean sheet will give em a boost,he seemed to take the cheers of approval for his ball handling skills in good humour. Sky sports inciteful pundritry team made it out as spurs fans getting on his back.:rolleyes:

Blackburn's full back Ollson got some roasting from Lennon today, he just couldn't handle him.If we can get another couple of wins and if other results go our way we could be well clear of danger in a few weeks...:)

As already said earlier, a win is a win. 3 points and we are moving up the table. Long may it continue.

High points: Lennon looked on electric form
    Low Points: Overall we could'nt kill off an average 10 man blackburn team who somehow still managed to keep troubling us until the 93rd minute!

A win against everton next week would possibly see us up to mid-table. Who would have thought that five weeks ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

What're the thoughts on the Gomez piss taking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Did anyone catch Redknapp, coming to the end, roaring to the players "NO FOULS!!!!" and shouting to Campbell "FRAZIER!! FRAZIER!! STAY ONSIDE!!!"

As I was, he was terrified of a late ball humped into our penalty area

Hairy moments!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Kold wrote: »
    What're the thoughts on the Gomez piss taking?

It doesn't help the situation to be honest, I don't think taking the p*ss out of your own players really solves anything.

You've seen what the "slap on the back, arm around the shoulder" approach has done for the likes of Modric and Lennon, surely the fans who are cheering ironically at Gomes realise that reminding him of his mistakes at every decent catch is doing more harm than good.

Or am I missing something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Simple Pieman

Absolutely agree. With his confidence shattered, the only likely outcome would be another error.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Watched the game live on Sky, and was then sad enough to watch highlights on MOTD2.

It proved, yet again, that highlights give a skewed view of the game.
    Spurs bossed the game and should have scored more - The highlights gave the impression that Blackburn deserved a draw!

For me, Huddlestone, Woodgate and Lennon played exceptionally well, but I still have my concerns regarding JJ.

Still, another win under Sir 'arry...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

So with this win, it leaves us just 9 points below Aston Villa in 4th...

Sounds good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

And 1 point from bottom 3:eek: crazy season - we need a win at home V Everton AND an away win V Ammers to start thinking about mid table! We are up and down like a hoars knikkers at the mo;)

Advertisement