Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Arsenal (Match Thread)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Henry did it a few years ago too...disallowed too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Absolutely woeful from arsenal:(. Fair play to City though, coulda been 5 or 6 really.

Why wasn't RvP's goal allowed?, thought it was really nicely done actually:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Why wasn't RVP's allowed, though?

The referee must have interpretted that the ball was still in the keeper's possession. Incorrect decision basically.

Anyway, we'll take a 3-0. Shoulda been more!

worst performance in years, should have been 5/6 nil. This arsenal team actually make me weep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Great result for City!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The referee must have interpretted that the ball was still in the keeper's possession. Incorrect decision basically.

Anyway, we'll take a 3-0. Shoulda been more!
    Ah right, that makes sense. Absolutely terrible from Arsenal, absolutely terrible. Something seriously needs to be done about that team.

Congratulations to you 'city lads though, well deserved and really should have been 4/5-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Gangsta wrote: »
    worst performance in years, should have been 5/6 nil. This arsenal team actually make me weep.

Aye, the only source of light this year has been the carling cup team. And United i guess, but that only papered over the cracks. The cups really are the only thing that holds any hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Missed the games so far, was at my match, nice result lads!

If Arsene can't see that his philosophy won't work after this match, I don't know what wil. He always picked two midfield enforcers before Cesc and it won titles. Why change a winning formula? Yea Arsenal play better on their day than ever before and it's awesome when it works, but problem is that it doesn't work nearly enough to win the prem.....ah bleh.Rant over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

With regards to the Van Persie incident I think the referee got it right as according to the official rules:
    A goalkeeper is considered to be in control
    of the ball:
    • while the ball is between his hands or between his hand and any
    surface (e.g. ground, own body)
    • while holding the ball in his outstretched open hand
    • while in the act of bouncing it on the ground or tossing it into the air
    It is an offence for a player to prevent a goalkeeper from releasing
    the ball from his hands
    • A player must be penalised for playing in a dangerous manner if
    he kicks or attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the
    process of releasing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Didn't see the game but from what I've heard we certainly didnt deserve it.
    Worrying Times to be a Gooner

Advertisement