Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man in Critical Condition following attack

Options
  • 21-11-2008 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what happened this evening outside the Granery/Trinity Rooms? The whole stretch of Michael St along the Granary has been sealed off by Gardai and the forensic unit (? the guys in the white overalls) where doing some business there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

First I've heard of it. Must be serious if the road is closed. What time was it at?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Saw this on the way into town too, was driving up O'Connell st a few mins later and a white detective car put its lights and sirens on full blast and tore off, something goin' down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

passed-by on my way to tesco. left the house at 8, might have passed around 8:15 and seen a forensic guy going back to the car with big suitcase and gardai standing there. don't know how long it takes for them to survey a site. i think they came out from that multistorey car park site.

it just comes to my mind now, wasn't there an shooting incident last year with some scumbag's granny living in St Micheals court or nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Nothing there when I passed at around 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

according to
    http://www.limerickblogger.ie/blog/2008/11/developing-murder-on-michael-street

it's been murder! :eek::eek::eek:

until recently we "just" counted murder by year. should we change now to count murder by month?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Outside trinity rooms tonight. Just what the city needs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭RINO87

has it been confirmed?? bloody awful.

bring in the army ta fcuk, wipe out this bloody disease.

moving to canada is looking more likely by the day.

...can someone turn the lights off on the way out?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah was meant to say something about this, was coming from town and noticed that there was a lot of squad cars around and then i saw that, thought it looked strange enough.

Must be gang activity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

RINO87 wrote: »

Right job. Canada would be class.

I wonder what the story is behind this one...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Melion wrote: »
    I don't think it's been confirmed. He was transfered to Co. Cork hospital

Melion wrote: »

Where you getting your information from?

It hasnt been confirmed as of yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

According to the news,hes in a critical condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

it just comes to my mind now, wasn't there an shooting incident last year with some scumbag's granny living in St Micheals court or nearby?[/quote]
    i think that was a grenade attack and it was nearer high street, i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Man critical following city attack

21 November 2008
    A MAN is in a critical condition in the Mid-West Regional Hospital this Friday evening, following a serious attack in the city.
    A large section of Michael Street was closed off by Gardai this evening to allow for forensic examination at the site of the attack.
    A man in his 20s was taken to the Regional Hospital with serious injuries from the incident which occurred at around 6.15pm. Gardai at Henry Street have said they believe the attack was carried out by two men.
    "We are currently following a number of lines of enquiry into the incident and a forensic team is still working at the scene," a Garda spokesman said.
    Gardai said they could not comment at this of the investigation if the attack this evening was feud related.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭NewsWire

Yes indeed this man is not dead, he was trasferred to Cork overnight and is in a stable condition.

People often mistake a sealed off scene to mean someone has died but it is not usually the case. In this case the scene was sealed off to preserve the area of the attack, clearly violent, as there was a possibly with life threatening injuries, the victim may die.

Serious crime scene are usually always sealed off.

Heard on news this morning that the Gardai believe it is fued related.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Someone needs to change the title of this thread, its misleading to say the least.

Disgusting incident all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

RINO87 wrote: »

yes because nothing ever ever ever bad hapens in canada.

camel toe wrote: »

I'm sure bad stuff happens in Canada as well, they just don't have the same problems with inbred scumbags that we do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭camel toe

different cultures. obviously they won't have the exact same, but in their own way they will have problems.

for example

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2007/08/10/4408470-cp.html

and also a bit out of date but still have relevance.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ireland-the-safest-country-in-europe-report-says-1038166.html

camel toe wrote: »

jesus, no pleasing some people on boards. I never said anything about canada being safer, or nicer, or anything like that. I mentioned it because i have been thinking about it for years, seeing scumbags day in day out and the fact that there are no bloody jobs in this country may just be the push i need to finally move there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

My brother moved to Canada several years ago, Lives in downtown Toronto and has never had one bit of trouble, Has been naturlised and would never come back. He says its a great place to live and work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

just heard that this may have been the heroin addict guy that hangs around the street french/polish....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thread renamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

zuroph wrote: »
    just heard that this may have been the heroin addict guy that hangs around the street french/polish....

Marcel??? :O
    No way!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

thats what i heard, is he actually polish?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

He is Irish not Polish, and it is confirmed that it is fued related, with the Dundon crime gang having been named on the radio as the main suspects.

It is another example of how a minority of people in Limerick are giving Limerick a negative image in the eyes of many.

GOOOWWWWLLLLSS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Could this thread and this be merged?

Advertisement