Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - Day and Age

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

xbox36016 wrote: »
    i whant to see than in the academy during the summer and thay whare something else that night got to see jack black that night :eek:

I hope you gave him a puck in the head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Wasnt a fan of Hot Fuss, Sam's Town was a great album though but this album is pure cack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭knightmare

Gave this a first listen last night, was really looking forward to it. Was a big fan up to this but man this is garbage of the highest order. Sounds like a Barry Manilow album -well joyride does anyway. The edge is gone from them & pure puke pop music left over.. Deleted from my Ipop already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

It's an absolute horror!

Not even one good song.They've completely lost it.

What have 'official' reviews been like btw? No doubt it's been one massive circle jerk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

It's been quite positive.
    You just can't trust those idiots...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I cant stand this..

why do people want bands who get more popular tend to give a more scathing attack on the newer albums?

its happened to kings of leon, razorlight, kaiser chiefs, and now the killers??

i think their debut album was the worst one, sams town was the best. this is in between stuff. above average, but nothing special.

I cant stand this..

why do people want bands who get more popular tend to give a more scathing attack on the newer albums?

its happened to kings of leon, razorlight, kaiser chiefs, and now the killers??

i think their debut album was the worst one, sams town was the best. this is in between stuff. above average, but nothing special.

Because they try to go in 'new directions' and release absolute drivel rather than sticking to what they were good at and put them in the spotlight in the first place.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

but the killers new album isnt going in a new direction! :confused:

the front man said himself that its a continuation of sams town, no new tricks. and i agree. just not done quite as well. but still better than average

but the killers new album isnt going in a new direction! :confused:

the front man said himself that its a continuation of sams town, no new tricks. and i agree. just not done quite as well. but still better than average

It's still going in a direction that is getting further from Hot Fuss.

They started at the summit and are slowly making their way to the bottom by straying from the initial brilliance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Because they try to go in 'new directions' and release absolute drivel rather than sticking to what they were good at and put them in the spotlight in the first place.

While I'm no fan of The Killers, if they/other bands stuck to what they did good in the first place then they would release the same album over and over again. Most great artists re-invent themselves and produce new and interesting music (The Beatles, Brian Wilson, Radiohead etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

ShaneU wrote: »
    Better than Sam's town overall.

Yes the lyrics are terrible, unless you're into UFO's and crap like that.

yeah if you don't want your music to have a bit of balls...:P

This is really underwhelming stuff. now i'm beginning to think that each album is just a calculated move to constantly "re-invent" themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Only heard Human for the 1st time on the radio today. heard it twice. dear god it was rubbish. my ears hurt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

ShaneU wrote: »
    Read my mind was the only good song on Sam's town, When you were young was alright but the rest was tripe. This is more like the Killers of old, catchy pop songs is what they're best at.

I enjoyed most of Sam's Town , Bling , This River is Wild , Sam's Town and For Reasons Unknown are also good songs imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Heard it a few times now and im not impressed. Their sound is more gratting now rather than before where it was easy listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I'm really liking Losing Touch and Spaceman so far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Terrible album and I get to hear it 2-3 times a day in work (Music shop)...Maybe 1 or 2 "good" songs but it's a bad album!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

why does evary one think its bad but is just so good

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

this is a great album, its different, which other bands cant do and b successful at lik the killers... this has been the main critism of the band, but they have shown that they can b both different and class, still the best in the world!!!!
    you have 102 - 104 keys on the keypad. So try get the "txt" form out of your head!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

davylee wrote: »
    you have 102 - 104 keys on the keypad. So try get the "txt" form out of your head!!!!!!!!

Stealing my lines now? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Stealing my lines now? :)
    just being a little sarcy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I know i'm opening up this dinosaur but i just got this album(cheaply i'll add:rolleyes:) this week and i dont think its too bad at all! A fair auld change from Hot Fuss but many of the songs are growing on me.

Has any of your thoughts towards it changed over time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I know i'm opening up this dinosaur but i just got this album(cheaply i'll add:rolleyes:) this week and i dont think its too bad at all! A fair auld change from Hot Fuss but many of the songs are growing on me.

Has any of your thoughts towards it changed over time?

Some people here didn't like it, I loved it......still do.

Advertisement