Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eamon Dunphy?

• 22-11-2008 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

Obv IMO

Is Eamon "tired and emotional" Dunphy a legend? 104 votes

Yay
    0% 0 votes
    Nay
    100% 104 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

The real deal!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

no way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Eamonn is a grade "A" spoofer and if he was in Fianna Fáil had all the attributes to become leader. Actually himself and Berti could be twins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

100% yes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Can't decide who's worse, George Hook or the little Dublin twat..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭MikeStrutington

yes, a true legdey mc ledgington

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

No. Clown who couldn't play football criticises everything that has ever moved. One day he'll call Gerard a nothing player, the next he'll say 'He's behind everything good at Liverpool this year'... blah blah blah. Hypocryte.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭3 Dollar Bill

As much as he is a hypocrite, he certainly is entertaining. Without him RTE would lose half their viewers. A legend in his own way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Well that is true, and a good point :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Legend for sure...
    Just compare his commentary to the rubbish that they put out across the water.

Only Dunphy could come out with classics such as...

RE Rory Delap for Ireland ''yes Bill, bring him on he'd terrify the Italians, last 25mins, BOMBS AWAY''

And

"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and
    left his wife for a young one".

And who could forget his classic "You've just jumped the fence baby..." comment to Liam Brady...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

entertaining alright but legendary.....not a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Whether you like the man or not he still is a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭getcover

Legend. For his hypocrisy, his abilty to contradict his own contradictions, for the way he can display the total confidence of the ignorant man, his "I'm anti-FAI"/"I'm pro-FAI" stance, his alleged predeliction for kissing bouncers, and most of all, for taking out RTE World Cup analysts and getting them drunk. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Nay. Not deserving of legend status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fourfiveone

Nay. A complete gonk who lacks any self-awareness. He rages against spoofers, bluffers and moneymen but spends his time inconsistently contradicting his own spoof and bluff then says something mental just to keep his job taking about a sport he has no relevance to any more. All his controversial statements are based on self-interest, without that he's just a pointless old man. He is a sham, a farce and a sycophant (Bertie, Giles, Keane etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

This quote from tonight's game made me laugh
    (leaving the inaccurancy of the statement aside of course).

Bill: With Gerrard not playing tonight Eamonn, what's Essien gonna do?
    Eamonn: Well, he won't have to bother marking Lucas anyway Bill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I don't agree with him usually but he's still a ledge.. "baby", the kissy thing he does with his lips, talking over Bill 'okey-dokey- O'Herlihy, "thats f***in' stupid" when Aprés Match cut into his precious talking time and thinking he's best mates with Keano, these are the things which make him a legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

He has been called just about everything by people who have long since become has-beens.

He is a character!

His drivetime slot on newstalk was superb in the sense that if you were interested in a topic or interviewee you knew it would be 15-20 minuate interview,not a sorry to rush you effort like his opposition at the time.
    (He got a tidy sum when newstalk was awarded the national license,was written into his contract)

On one occasion after the Good friday agreement he had a full page brilliant assesment in the politics section,and on the sports page a full page assesment of an Ireland match in the Indo.

He as well as being clever laughs ALL the way to the bank.

Old saying goes its not the good that people do that we love them for:)

and if anyone disagrees with me i will fling my pencil on the floor in outrage!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Top drawer in my oponion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 songhound

Dunphy and Giles should have been put out to grass years ago. Their football analysis is 3rd rate and is clueless about the demands of the modern game. Neither played Premiership football and Giles played in an era when Arsenal had 7 Irish players, (from the North and Republic) in their starting 11. Nuff said!

They`re both highly paid for their guff, courtesy of RTE`s fondness for throwing around our licence fee money with abandon. Bill is ok in the anchor role, he`s affable and keeps the gig moving along. And he smiles! When Brady was there the 3 Amigos always looked like they were about to enter a morgue, to identify the decomposing remains of a close friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Murts-Rig

Hes a bit of a Klauss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Dunphy is an unsung hero, not just his excellent and passionate soccer punditry but his lambasting of the political leaders of this country. He has a knack of cutting through the BS and rhetoric and eloquently conveying what the country is feeling (on the majority).

A legend without a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Absolutely not.

How does being good at football 20 years ago entitle him to have a radio show where he discusses current affairs. He is an over-opinionated plonker.
    Oh yeah, and he cried on the Late Late show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

If Cristiano Ronaldo is "a puffball",

and Arjen Robben is "a birdbrain",

while Rio Ferdinand is "a tramp",

and Steven Gerrard is "a joke! - a nothing player",

...then what's Eamonn Dunphy?

I'm gonna say he's just a really really bad journalist who knows full well that controversy is his trump card.
    For an "expert" who enthuses with such conviction, he'd do well to deliver some of his dismissive throwaway lines less emphatically, or at least make some effort to remember them one week later so he won't look so stupid contradicting himself with similar swagger.

could never respect the obnoxious dope,
    ...but as a TV comedy muppet for half time laughs, he'll always be king.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pcurls

he looks like a well slapped testicle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

One must define the word "Legend" before we can surmise that it is actually enough to celebrate this fantastic figure of talking bollox.
    He shows Character, Guile and desire to be where he is.
    Grabbing balls is just one of the many talents he has shown us time & time again.

I say Yay.

pcurls wrote: »
    he looks like a well slapped testicle!

wonders to self: self how come pcurls knows what a well slapped testicle looks like:confused::confused::confused:

ynotdu wrote: »
    wonders to self: self how come pcurls knows what a well slapped testicle looks like:confused::confused::confused:

im a care assistant for the elderly;)

im a care assistant for the elderly;)

Hmmmmmmmmmm so how old is one ball hitler now?:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

hitler appropiate for my 666 post, was afraid to post it,was thinking it be safer in a religious forum:D

• Advertisement

ynotdu wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmmmmm so how old is one ball hitler now?:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

hitler appropiate for my 666 post, was afraid to post it,was thinking it be safer in a religious forum:D

he's 96 and his testicle is eamon dunpheys identical twin!

he's 96 and his testicle is eamon dunpheys identical twin!

Lol,ok enough about Dunphys balls we be kicked for off-topic-ness!

and i dont want to make a BALLS of it:)

eamon dunphy ROCKS:P IMO

Advertisement