Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apple app store for iphone 3g

• 22-11-2008 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

hi,

im new to itunes and was just browsing the apps available for iphone 3g..

when i click ''view all'' a total of 32 apps show...i was under the impression that there were now hunders of apps available for iphone 3g, if so where are they?

or is it a case that there are only 32 official ones but hundreds of others that require you to 'jailbreak' your phone in order to install them?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

any1 at all!

i read that a special version of orb is now available for iphone 3g, and it lets u stream live tv from your laptop to iphone..it was an american website and said it was available to buy now in the app store but i dont see it? do the yanks get apps that we dont?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

I think you're viewing the 'featured' only. Go into categories or search. TBH the best thing is to browse through the store on itunes and DL through there then sync.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I thought the 100's of apps were for the iphone 2G and not 3G....
    I used to download my apps throught Cydia on the 2G version...not app store...

have a read around this site... http://www.iclarified.com/ there's a few apps here http://www.iclarified.com/entries/index.php?caid=2&scid=11&seid=3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

There are literally thousands of applications on the app store.

They are not broken down by 2G/3G, they are simply advertised as "requiring firmware 2.0 or greater", which means that phones at firmware less than 2.0 (i.e. 2G phones that have not been upgraded) will not be able to run the software.

Advertisement