Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 2]

• 22-11-2008 1:02pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Please post all gameweek 2 results here. Also, please link any goal of the month youtube videos right here!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Rainyface 1 - 2 CKWPORT(The Batman IRL)
    Liverpool V Chelsea

A seriously tough close game, Chelsea took the lead early with a goal from Drogba, and then went 2 up after a mistake by the Liverpool keeper when he passed straight to Lampard at the end of the 1st half.

Liverpool piled on the pressure in the second half and were all over Chelsea, Babel scoring near the end. Chelsea were lucky to escape with the win.

Best game of the league so far for me, it was really tense stuff....

I had this in the week 1 thread last nite, oops :rolleyes:, its a week 2 game so reposting it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Mackerelman 2 Garak001 1
    Mordant Shaun 7 MackerelMan 1
    The Batman IRL 0 MackerelMan 5

I'm keeping my two reamining fixtures for during the week so won't be accepting any invites til then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Gameweek 2: Game 1:
    RichieMUFC 5 - 1 Stevo Port
    Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur

United took a 11 minute lead and looked nervy until the 70 min when they hit their second. In between that time, both sides had good chances with United hitting the post twice. Bent caused a constant problem down the center with his pace. Rio Ferdinand made a horrible mistake for the Spurs goal falling when trying to stretch to back pass to Van Der Sar, presenting the ball on a plate to the Spurs frontman, but in all honesty it was very well deserved goal for a very good side!

Gameweek 2: Game 2:
    Rainyface 0-3 RichieMUFC
    Liverpool vs Manchester United

A story of missed chances for Man Utd as they had 18 shots on goal compared to Liverpool's 3. After a slow start United missed a number of chances notably a triple (yes, triple!) save by Reina in the first half. The sides went in level at half time. Anderson made a total arse of a guilt edged chance in the second half after some good work by Nani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Gameweek2 Fixture 1

Seany 834 2 vs 1 Bubs180

Great game scored a weird goal hit the bar drop down kuyt tried to head it in then eventually bundled over for an og. Gerrard sent off for a rash tackle from behind.
    Mistimed button press :D.

Good game I enjoyed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I can't believe I passed the ball into the net. Really good game and you deserved to win. The double crossbar moment was hilarious though. Have no idea how you got the first shot off, have no idea how you missed the second one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I can't believe I passed the ball into the net. Really good game and you deserved to win. The double crossbar moment was hilarious though. Have no idea how you got the first shot off, have no idea how you missed the second one.

Yeah some comedy errors made!

had a few disasterous results yesterday...

Towellers 3 - 0 CKWPORT(The Batman IRL)
    Arsenal V Chelsea

MackeralMan 5 -0 CKWPORT
    Man Utd V Chelsea

Stevo Port 5 -0 CKWPORT
    Tottenham Hotspurs V Chelsea

Still they were good games to play despite the scores and the thrashing i got...All the above players are unreal, i was beaten off the pitch...

One game left this week...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Stevo Port 2-1 DJ DigitalMoose
    Spurts V Man U

Started off slow for Man Utd, they couldn't get there passing together and were duly punished by a wonder goal by David Bentley, outside of the right boot into the top corner and lobbed the keeper!

Man Utd were limited to long range efforts as they couldn't get through a tough Spurs defence, but were given a lifeline before half time as Gomez made one of his trademark blunders and passed a kickout straight to Berbatov who made no mistake of tapping the ball into an empty net and ran off to celebrate with a punch to the sky while the Spurs defence gave Gomez some looks to kill!!

Second half started much the same with Spurs making Gary Neville look a poor player. It wasn't long before Spurs were in front again, a through ball into the path of Bent left the utd defense split open and he finished in style.

Utd came back hard and had a few chances and a lot more possesion, in the end even VanDer Saar came up for a late corner but they could find no equaliser.

In the end it was a deserved win for Spurs who haven't beaten Man U in the league to date until today!! As for Man Utd, their good start has seen them loose a couple now and they will be back looking for blood in their next match!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Seany 834 0 - 2 DJ DigitalMoose
    Liverpool V Man Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

BassmanMurph85 3 - 0 Stevo Port
    BassmanMurph85 5 - 0 Livelyjojo

• Advertisement

Livelyjojo 6 - 0 CKWPORT
    Milan V Chelsea

Even without the 2 OGs i scored, i was hammered yet again.

Five games done this week, One Win, 4 Losses.

So to sum up week 2:

Pld/W/L/D/F/A/Pts

5/1/4/0/2/20/3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Stevo Port 2-1 DJ DigitalMoose
    Spurts V Man U

Started off slow for Man Utd, they couldn't get there passing together and were duly punished by a wonder goal by David Bentley, outside of the right boot into the top corner and lobbed the keeper!

Man Utd were limited to long range efforts as they couldn't get through a tough Spurs defence, but were given a lifeline before half time as Gomez made one of his trademark blunders and passed a kickout straight to Berbatov who made no mistake of tapping the ball into an empty net and ran off to celebrate with a punch to the sky while the Spurs defence gave Gomez some looks to kill!!

Second half started much the same with Spurs making Gary Neville look a poor player. It wasn't long before Spurs were in front again, a through ball into the path of Bent left the utd defense split open and he finished in style.

Utd came back hard and had a few chances and a lot more possesion, in the end even VanDer Saar came up for a late corner but they could find no equaliser.

In the end it was a deserved win for Spurs who haven't beaten Man U in the league to date until today!! As for Man Utd, their good start has seen them loose a couple now and they will be back looking for blood in their next match!

Great game mate. i had to work extra extra hard for the result, but my first wi against a utd side still has me buzzing!!!

I also came up against a great chelsea side i cant remember the users game tag but he is currently in second place in the league. a hard fought early goal from darren bent put me into the lead and everything was going great until a major defence blunder where i passed the ball directly onto drogba feets right in front of an open box! i was duley punished for my miostake. another late drogba goal near the end sealed my faith and i had to walk away with tasting bitter defeat.

end result, chelsea 2 sprurs 1

Livelyjojo (milan) 0 stevo port (spurs) 5 (or was it 4?)

great game spurs had to work very hard on the break to open the milan defence but lady luck was on the londoners side that game and i walkded away with a suprising result.

spurs - 0 udinese - 0

i had been looking foorward to this game for a long time! both teams created a few chances but great defending on both sides resulted in a goalless draw but a great game none the less. both teams kits were slighty the same looking in the sunny stadium and caused slight confusion but a fair result for both players. dont underestimate the udinese side by any means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

stevoman wrote: »
    spurs - 0 udinese - 0

i had been looking foorward to this game for a long time! both teams created a few chances but great defending on both sides resulted in a goalless draw but a great game none the less. both teams kits were slighty the same looking in the sunny stadium and caused slight confusion but a fair result for both players. dont underestimate the udinese side by any means.

That was a fun game. The kit selecting process was a little strange though. White and black as opposed to white so we both went to our away strips which were both light blue. Big chance for Quaglierella but he hit the bar and Bent came very close to capitilising on some chambolic defending from Sala

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Couldn't log in to EA servers today, I'll try again later if anyone is up for the usual Arsenal getting killed by Man Utd.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Couldn't log in to EA servers today, I'll try again later if anyone is up for the usual Arsenal getting killed by Man Utd.

My gold account expired at the weekend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

There's a free for all this weekend called xtival, which basically means that Silver members get the Gold features for 3 days. Not too bad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Used a 48-h card to get online.

man am I getting sick of people quitting during friendlies on-line. Was ahead 3-0, 3-0, 5-0, 4-0 and 2-0 and my opponent quit on me...we should have a friendlies night for ourselves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Wk 2 results

Livelyjojo 0-4 Stevo Port
    Livelyjojo 0-5 BossmanMurph85
    Livelyjojo 6-0 TheBatmanIRL
    Livelyjojo 0-1 Greenhawk88
    Livelyjojo 0-5 Rainyface
    Livelyjojo 0-4 Knackerdwarf

(sorry, played 6 games this week)

League Standing
    GT: livelyjojo
    P / W / L / D / F / A / PTS
    10 / 2 / 8 / 0 / 8 / 25 / 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

I was convinced I had 2 draws out of the 4 games last week, and another draw this week but according to my stats on line I've played 9, W4, L4, D1. Not sure of the goal difference!

I've still to play 3 games before Friday evening, so if you see me online and I'm not in a game, invite me. I'm a little rusty because I'm trying to finish GTA4 for the past few nights before I buy Saints 2 :)

Reganovski 0-10 RichieMUFC

What an absolute joke of a match I had against Reganovski. He had two men sent off, and five lads booked. I was beating him 0-10 at half time and he quit.

Constantly trying to take down the last man and then quit too just to top it off. FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

10-0 at half time!!!!

I won't be playing you tonight :p

moz wrote: »
    10-0 at half time!!!!

I won't be playing you tonight :p

:(:(:(

You are the only one online that I haven't played. I still have two games to play... don't think I'm going to get them done before 2moro at 9!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Reganovski 0-10 RichieMUFC

What an absolute joke of a match I had against Reganovski. He had two men sent off, and five lads booked. I was beating him 0-10 at half time and he quit.

Constantly trying to take down the last man and then quit too just to top it off. FFS.

Yeah funny eh!! :D

I did apologise :D

RichieMUFC 10-3 Deliverance XXV
    Manchester United vs Manchester United

Its fair to say defences were not on top here. His first goal was absolutely amazing. Must have been from 30-35 yards. I had a horrible, horrible mistake for his third goal.

Great game.

RichieMUFC 10-2 The Dunne

Bloody hell, my last three scorelines are crazy. I wouldn't believe it myself only they are in recent results. This was never a game i should have won by this much. I don't know whats going on!!!!! The Dunnes a good player.

Overall record:
    P / W / L / D / F / A / PTS
    9 / 9 / 0 / 0 / 54 / 9 / 27

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    RichieMUFC 10-3 Deliverance XXV

Its fair to say defences were not on top here. His first goal was absolutely amazing. Must have been from 30-35 yards. I had a horrible, horrible mistake for his third goal.

Great game.

I was absolutely shocking in that match. Some cracking goals alright.
    GG m8.

• Advertisement

I was absolutely shocking in that match. Some cracking goals alright.
    GG m8.

Your first goal was unreal, you should have recorded it, goal of the week candidate for sure. I didn't know what was going on, some strike.

Advertisement