Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Fifa 2009 League Results [Gameweek 2]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I haven't been online at all this week only got 2 games in as im really busy in college at the moment but ill try get a few played over the weekend.

P W L
    2 1 1 <<this week

P W L
    6 2 4 <<overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Where are you pulling all the 10 goals per match out of?? Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

I was well outclassed. Cracking play y2j! When I was 3-1 down I guessed that the best option was to go Ultra Offensive! the next 7 goals I conceded (barring the flukey Anderson goal ;) ) kind of proved me undeniably wrong with my tactics. All in all it was a damn enjoyable game (I must be a masochist)

Oh and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Reganovski for quitting a match! (not against me may I add) Grow a set, finish the games and take defeat like a man!

The Dunne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

sparky360 wrote: »
    Oh and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Reganovski for quitting a match! (not against me may I add) Grow a set, finish the games and take defeat like a man!

The Dunne

Im not the first to quit a match in the league and I would love to see you playing the 2nd half of a match when you are 10 nil down, down to 10 men and couldnt give a **** bout it. I had no interest in continuing, in fact I dont know why I offered to play the game as I had no interest in playing in the first place. (thats not to say I have no interest in the league, just at the time I had no interest in playing)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Reganovski wrote: »
    Yeah funny eh!! :D

I did apologise :D

I warned people not to quit their games in this league. By quitting, you ruined his goal difference record, and tbh, having someone quit on you isn't fun. For the record, this is only the second instance of quitting. Regarding the 5 bookings and 2 sendings off in a 7 minute period, that only comes from acting the muppet.

I will not tolerate this type of poor sportsmanship in the league. If you're being beaten by a superior player, just suck it up, learn from it and move on.

Consider this a warning (for the quitting AND for the poor sportsmanship shown during the game itself). I warned the other guy that quit his game, so I have to be consistant. If I hear any more, you won't be invited to the next league. Sorry man, have no other choice. It's unfair to the rest of the lads.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I warned people not to quit their games in this league. By quitting, you ruined his goal difference record, and tbh, having someone quit on you isn't fun. For the record, this is only the second instance of quitting. Regarding the 5 bookings and 2 sendings off in a 7 minute period, that only comes from acting the muppet.

I will not tolerate this type of poor sportsmanship in the league. If you're being beaten by a superior player, just suck it up, learn from it and move on.

Consider this a warning. If I hear any more, you won't be invited to the next league. Sorry man, have no other choice. It's unfair to the rest of the lads.

I played a Liverpool team earlier in the week, maybe it was you, and maybe it wasnt. From the very start, everyone of my players were being fouled with slide tackles. I won 4-0 or 5-0 in the end, but I remembered if this guy spent half as much time actually playing the game instead of trying to foul my player, he would have won.

Guys, might I remind ye, if ye get an invite for the game, you do NOT have to play at that time. TBH, my connection is up and down quite a bit, and I have made the critical mistake of playing people when I know my connection was rubbish (and lost all of them in an incredibly frustrating manner).

Reganovski wrote: »
    Im not the first to quit a match in the league and I would love to see you playing the 2nd half of a match when you are 10 nil down, down to 10 men and couldnt give a **** bout it.

Emmmm... I was 7-1 down at half time if I remember correctly, but I still managed to continue! Its about the "spirit of the league". I agree getting slaughtered isnt always great but I know I'd be well pi**ed off if I was winning and someone quit. I've been lucky to win a couple of games by a big margin and I would have been proper frustrated at someone quitting halfway through.

As for having loads of sending offs................. your own fault! You made the tackles! One sending off can be an unlucky button press or a cheeky last ditch tackle to save a sure goal. 2 is ridiculous and match spoiling and add 5 yellows to that!??!?! Play properly!

You may not have been in the humour to play but I can guarantee if you were 10 - nil up, you would have found the motivation to continue. Bad form bud, bad form!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Thanks Dunne, the scoreline was pretty harsh to be fair. Anderson's goal was a bit crazy alright, deflection wrong footed the keeper completely. I guess I should point out that before I played these 3 games, I got beaten 5-0 - my biggest defeat ever, lol :o

Respect to you and Deliverance (a fellow KK man by the looks of it) for not quitting! I never quit, win, lose or draw (unless my connection goes). Any time someone quits they get bad rep and usually a message saying "Don't play or don't quit".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

its true actually and im guilty of it myself and it is bad form. i learned though and im just gonna stick it out now. im not doing too bad anyhow against the other clubs.

• Advertisement

stevoman wrote: »
    its true actually and im guilty of it myself and it is bad form. i learned though and im just gonna stick it out now. im not doing too bad anyhow against the other clubs.

You're doing well in fairness, especially considering your Tottenham!!!!!

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    You're doing well in fairness, especially considering your Tottenham!!!!!

LOL, i still have another 6 man utd teams to meet so i'l have to stick the saddle back on for those games! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Is there any thread here for boardsies to organise casual games? I don't have the time for a full league at the moment but wouldn't mind a few games on live now and then.

My gt is bigkev49.

stevoman wrote: »
    i'l have to stick the saddle back on for those games! :p

Actually made me lol! Get it into ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Guys, might I remind ye, if ye get an invite for the game, you do NOT have to play at that time. TBH, my connection is up and down quite a bit, and I have made the critical mistake of playing people when I know my connection was rubbish (and lost all of them in an incredibly frustrating manner).

My connection is dodge since the NXE update, the XBOX disconnects from live, i have no lag or anything, just pops up disconntected from live & cant connect again for a few mins, never happened before the NXE, so i am blaming that.....it hasnt happened during a match yet, and it seems to be fine this week, but just incase it does happen in a league game, dont go bad repping me until i come back online and explain myself...

Anyways, what the story with week 3's games, is it play 3 or 4 games again as normal or is there a fixtures for the week???

We are going to have 5 games next week too. Gameweek 4 will have 5, and Gameweek 5 will have 6.

It will wrap the league up one week early.

The Gameweek 3 starts at 6pm tonight and the thread will be up soon.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NO MORE THAN 15 games played by the end of week 3 so I can organise things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Great, Thanks.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    My connection is dodge since the NXE update, the XBOX disconnects from live, i have no lag or anything, just pops up disconntected from live & cant connect again for a few mins, never happened before the NXE, so i am blaming that.....it hasnt happened during a match yet, and it seems to be fine this week, but just incase it does happen in a league game, dont go bad repping me until i come back online and explain myself...

Anyways, what the story with week 3's games, is it play 3 or 4 games again as normal or is there a fixtures for the week???

It will be fixtures at the start of week 4, providing people keep within the 15 game limit by the end of week 3. Otherwise, it's going to get sloppy!

Sounds good, means the league should be finished on December 19th? Just aswell because I wont be able to play from 23 Dec - 2 Jan (no broadband at home I'm afraid!).

Another thing, are you compiling a league table? Because of the whole Soby thing the actual one online is a little out of whack. endkenny is the new guys tag who I should avoid playing?

The new guy is Irish Wolverine. He'll be joining us very soon.

• Advertisement

I've only played 2 games this week and got beaten both times!!!! (Y2 BLOODY J WITH HIS STUPID 9 GOALS...... DEFLECTIONS DONT COUNT) I'll be online from 5 o'clock (ish) so play with me as much as you can lads.....

(MODS PLEASE MOVE TO THE SEX FORUM IF APPLICABLE)

so play with me as much as you can lads.....

hahahahahahahaha, easy now. Its not that kind of league :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Have two remaining fixtures for gameweek 2, will be on this evening if anyone I haven't played is up for a game.

Lets all have a meet up tonight from 6pm onwards...people can finish GW2 and start GW3.

I have some free time tommorow so I will get a league table up. As someone pointed out, Soby quitting screwed things about abit but, once people send me their results with Soby, I will sort things out.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    hahahahahahahaha, easy now. Its not that kind of league :)

Easy for you to say. I dont mind a someone being rough but what you did to me last night was borderline rape! I am still sore and I still see your balls floating into my box! Why couldnt I just hold onto the balls, why? You just kept ramming them in. It was too hard!!!!

what you did to me last night was borderline rape! I am still sore ! I just hold onto the balls, why? You just kept ramming them in. It was too hard!!!!

Now lads is this a fifa league or a cover up for gay rendevous's im involved in????????:pac:

little from column A................Little from column b!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gamer tag = towellers

Mordant Shaun 3 - 0 Towellers (lost my connection when 1 nil down)
    KnackerDwarf 0 - 2 Towellers
    Dave7G 3 -0 Towellers (lost my connection when 2 nil up)
    BatmanIRL 0 - 3 Towellers

This week

P/W/L/PTS
    4 2 2 6

After game weeks 1 and 2

P/W/L/PTS
    8 5 3 15

towellers, sorry to hear about your connection losing games...that must suck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

towellers, sorry to hear about your connection losing games...that must suck!

If i stick to playing later in the evenings im grand. Its a balls alright. Ere man great job with the league, the league games are intense as ****.

Advertisement