Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi pc question

Options
  • 22-11-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

What do you think of the spec for price on this pc lads. Im considering getting it but how would it handle todays latest games & the games of tomorrow. Would it be possibe to fit another graphics card in this pc , like a ati hd4870:confused:http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_7589.htm

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

lensman wrote: »
    What do you think of the spec for price on this pc lads. Im considering getting it but how would it handle todays latest games & the games of tomorrow. Would it be possibe to fit another graphics card in this pc , like a ati hd4870:confused:http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_7589.htm

Cheers

Adding a more powerful card completely depends on the PSU - you'd have to find the details of that somewhere first, chances are it may be under the minimum as it's a Medion.

As is, thats allright money for a new PC - but you'll get a much better deal on adverts.ie. There's a full system minus a case going atm for €600 odd with an HD4870.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

i'm also interested in this,
    i think my sister has one and it runs call of duty 4 perfectly ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's a fairly decent machine. The 9600GT is a good gaming card if your monitor is 19" or below - at that size it'll run more or less anything at max settings. Obviously if you have a 24" monitor it'll be a little weaker but overall, it's a good gaming card and probably won't have to be replaced.

would it run gta IV / COD well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

it an ok spec for the price. id expect the psu and case to be very cheap. u can do a lot better if u build your own. will run all games well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭JHet

Ishindar wrote: »
    it an ok spec for the price. id expect the psu and case to be very cheap. u can do a lot better if u build your own. will run all games well.

What he said. My bro bought a medion last year. The psu failed and ended up melting the mobo i think. Bloody awful smell that came out of the thing. At the end of the day you get what you pay, they have to cut corners somewhere to get it that cheap. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

My medion dual core system is almost 3yrs old & never a problem, don't they give a 3yr collect & return warranty,..hard to beat that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

metalfest wrote: »
    would it run gta IV / COD well?

On a 19" or smaller monitor yes, but forget about it if you have 22"+ widescreens/

how about a data projector ?:P

Advertisement