Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fergie considers Campbell recall

Options
  • 22-11-2008 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

United boss impressed by capital loanee

Sir Alex Ferguson is weighing up whether to bring Fraizer Campbell back to Old Trafford in January, following his fine form for Tottenham this season.
    The Manchester United striker moved to White Hart Lane on a season-long loan on transfer deadline day, as part of the deal that saw United pay a club record £30.75million fee for Dimitar Berbatov.
    Campbell initially failed to make much of an impression under then manager Juande Ramos but like many of Spurs' players has flourished under Harry Redknapp.
    Three goals in two games has seen Ferguson sit up and take notice and with Berbatov currently injured, Campbell could return to his parent club in the New Year.
    January option

"We could pull him back in January," said Ferguson. "We have the option and it is a possibility.
    "The boy has been fantastic at Spurs.
    "He is a good player but we needed to get him first-team experience, so we agreed to it so the deal with Berbatov went through."
    However, while Campbell's short-term future remains undecided, Danny Welbeck's is very much at Old Trafford.
    The Longsight-born star does not celebrate his 18th birthday until next week but he has already made a big impression on Ferguson.......................
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_4533551,00.html

Expect to be saying goodbye to Campbell in January, I guess.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a shot across the bows by Ferguson for one or both of the following reasons:

1. Payback for the tapping up claims in the summer.

2. He needs to raise some cash and knows we will be in the market for at least one striker in January, so is hoping we might be frightened into bidding for Campbell. I doubt Berbatov is long term injured, so needing cover in January is odd, plus they have Wellbeck and Manucho, and coped well enough with Rooney/Tevez/Ronaldo last season, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hopefully spurs will buy a striker in the window and if Fergie does recall Campbell we can cope without him...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

At the end of the transfer window they were saying that the Arshavin deal might still be on, is that just bs?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Come January, we'll know if we are through to the next stage of the Uefa Cup.

If we are, then I would hope we keep hold of Campbell because at least he is eligible to play in europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

not sure why we agreed to take a player on laon as part of the berb deal. think he looks good and would not mind him signing but from what i have read he thinks his career lies with utd.

hope we improve the squad in jan too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement