Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many games you have got on 20Gb xbox hdd?

• 22-11-2008 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

I was able to install only 1 game (fable 2) which took 6.2Gb, I have 6.1 left and wasn't able to install 2nd game (bad company). So 20Gb gives you only 1 installed game at the time :(.

How many people now thinking of buying 60Gb+ hdd?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Well I picked up 2 pre-owned games recently and they managed to fit on it fine. Burnout Paradise and Lego Star Wars, plus have about 4 gigs left. Also, have on there the Left 4 Dead Demo.

It's fine for me cause I only really play through 1 or 2 games fully before movin on. So when I'm finished with them I'll delete and move on to a different game.

If the HD's come down in price I'll pick one up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I bought a 120 gig HD for mine a couple of weeks ago. I have ten games installed + loads of tunes + demos + videos. Still have 40 gig free or thereabouts. My disc drive was starting to take ages to read stuff so i've taken most of the work away from it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Have the old non hdmi 20gb version. Pretty pissed off about that now. My disk drive has also been acting up recently, so I'd like to install as much games on the drive as possible, but probably only have room for one.

Will install Fifa 09, always has issues reading that, even though the disc is 100% perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Only 1 game (GRAW2). I've 2GB free, a couple more GB take up with video files (the HD episode of South Park etc.), a few arcade games and 1 demo. Not sure if I'm bothered enough to delete stuff as I normally concentrate on one game at a time.

I wouldn't say no to a larger HDD if the price was good enough. But I doubt we'll see a significant price drop :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

I've got Tiger Woods 09 and PES 09 with only 815mb left on a 20GB:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I think modern games will take more then 6Gb so 20Gb HDD gives us 13.5 usable space - 2 games max at the time (only one in my case), and now I'm considering of buying 60Gb, cheapest I found it €72. Tried ebay - didn't look promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Denisoftus wrote: »
    I think modern games will take more then 6Gb so 20Gb HDD gives us 13.5 usable space - 2 games max at the time (only one in my case), and now I'm considering of buying 60Gb, cheapest I found it €72. Tried ebay - didn't look promising.

Have you heard of this??? Should be around 80e in the shops here. Great value IMO. You get a 60gb HD, a wired headset, an ethernet cable and 3 months Live membership

Thanks for link, its €79 in komplett, http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=396698 can be collected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

I managed to fit Fallout3 and Far cry 2 on my hdd :D

120gb HDD is E105 on komplett...that seems cheaper than usual http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338448

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

How easy is it to swap to a new larger HD? I've no downloaded DRM games or movies but how do I get my save games/profiles/achievments etc onto the new hard disk?

• Advertisement

There is a migration kit available on ebay/e-stores. Or if you buy a new hdd in stores like xtravision they can do this for you I believe.
    pH wrote: »
    How easy is it to swap to a new larger HD? I've no downloaded DRM games or movies but how do I get my save games/profiles/achievments etc onto the new hard disk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Whats the story with installing games on the HDD?

I can hardly rent a game, install it and then bring it back can I?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Whats the story with installing games on the HDD?

I can hardly rent a game, install it and then bring it back can I?

:rolleyes: Wishful thinking mate, it just runs the content off the HDD you still need the cd in the tray to play and prove that you own the game.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Denisoftus wrote: »
    There is a migration kit available on ebay/e-stores. Or if you buy a new hdd in stores like xtravision they can do this for you I believe.

If you get the 120G drive then the cable for transfering your game saves and downloads comes with the drive. It does not come with the 60G drive kit though, and is probably not with a lot of the 120G drives on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Been thinking about this alot recently....

The old 20 gig ain't cutting the mustard no more.

Bit píssy that the data transfer cable only comes with the 120. Can't really see me needing one that big.... Still beggars, choosers and all that.:pac:

Advertisement