Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daewoo Korando

Options
  • 22-11-2008 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Anyone know anything about them? Reliability? I know of a cheap one with the Power steering rack that needs replacing but replacing it could be a nightmare.
    Does anyone know if this would be a straight forward job or would the engine have to come out to replace it? Any info would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

OK I took a look at a different one today and the steering rack is forward of the front axel so it should not be so bad. There is a very heavy duty chassis on these yokes very like the Mercedes G-Wagon. Are they based on the G-Wagon by any chance seeing as the use the same engines etc?? I can find no reference to this on a web search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

You'd get one of these for half nothing, but then why would you want one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 rmcc1978

They 're a rebadged Ssangyong. You could try searching for a Ssangyong Korando and you might find the info your looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

They have a 5cyl Merc engine.

Problems they have are handbrake imbalances, vacuum pump issues and other small stuff.

the 5cyl is a tried and tested lump and shouldnt give you much trouble

Advertisement