Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotten Security Code for Nokia 5310

• 22-11-2008 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Lads Please give me help.
    I bought the above phone a couple of months back, then i changed the security code from 12345 to something else. Now I cannot remember? I've tried a few codes that i thought but kept coming up CODE ERROR, which now i know i shouldn't have done, Silly me! Can anyone advise me please,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

isnt there an option in the phone security settings that u can change those codes if u have the PUK numbers ? or have u lost that too ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Your going to have to get the phone reflashed at a nokia service center, nobody knows that code only you!!

There's no need to change the 12345 security code...leave it alone the next time...

samhail wrote: »
    isnt there an option in the phone security settings that u can change those codes if u have the PUK numbers ? or have u lost that too ! :)

I don't think there is, the PUK and Nokia Security code are unrelated...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 willbee

Thanks for quick replies folks. Dont know where i'd get puk codes either. Dont know what they are or where i could get them. I'm not that well up in this area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

willbee wrote: »
    Thanks for quick replies folks. Dont know where i'd get puk codes either. Dont know what they are or where i could get them. I'm not that well up in this area.

If you're on bill pay then your service provider will be able to help you - try giving them a call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

willbee wrote: »

Unfortunately PUK codes are no use to you. The PUK code is required to unblock a sim card after the pin code has been entered incorrectly too many times. Security code is only related to the phone, not the sim.

Ring your networks CC, though I'm not sure they could help you on this. You'll probably have to end up goin to a Nokia service centre as drunkmonkey suggested...

Thoie wrote: »
    If you're on bill pay then your service provider will be able to help you - try giving them a call.

Or pay as you go, it dosen't make a difference...

OP unless you forgot your pin number and blocked your sim card the puk will be of no use in solving your problem...your phone has to go for repair if you want to reset the nokia security code back to the original 12345

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i was going to post this (well i still am obviously)... but if your not very comfortable with messing around with phones and computers and the like... dont try this ! :)

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1689410/reset_nokia_security_code/
    this shows a video of how to hack it to be changed.

This could also mess up your phone obviously ! so again unless your carefree dont ;)
    saying that i would... i might actually do it just to see if it works heh ;)

Advertisement