Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atlantis 5x16 - "Brain Storm" **SPOILERS**

• 22-11-2008 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭

From TV.com:
    McKay returns to Earth to witness the unveiling of his rival's latest breakthrough.

Fun little filler episode with some good comedy. Bill Nye was a good sport too. :)

Verdict On Brain Storm 30 votes

Atlantastic
    0% 0 votes
    Very Good
    10% 3 votes
    McKay
    46% 14 votes
    Poor
    30% 9 votes
    Thank God there are only 4 episodes left
    13% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

It had some fun moments but I was hoping for "meatier" episodes as we reach the end of the series practically. An ok episode, but nothing stellar IMO - at least they finally kinda brought some closure to the whole McKay/Keller romance...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it was nice seeing nye and tyson, and the dude from kids in the hall but wow... that was just awful.

it's disheartening to see that sci-fi still hasn't learned the mistakes of Batman & Robin, Ice isn't cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

It wasn't too bad. Watchable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I was bored, but Jewel Staite kept my attention. That is all. w2g mckay, you mile high bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Mckay getting his freak on. Kudoos to him - reast of the ep was drivel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭token56

Overheal wrote: »
    I was bored, but Jewel Staite kept my attention. That is all. w2g mckay, you mile high bastard.

Same as, McKay is one lucky f*cker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

seemed to me that sga was just doing stuff because they know theyre canned. swearing, implied sexing, real type cameos..

ok episode. even with the pointless hawking moment..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

One good thing about the episode, the cgi was pretty crap (shots of the building just looked rubbish) so they might be saving the budget for a big finale.

One good thing about the episode, the cgi was pretty crap (shots of the building just looked rubbish) so they might be saving the budget for a big finale.
    This thought intrigues me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Was okay - some funny moments and McKay was good and Keller better than usual. It was all a bit silly... but I'm wondering if they were told to write an episode with an eco-theme? I noticed the Sci-Fi logo was green in the corner and maybe that was a co-incidence, but I know that NBC told all their comedies last year to insert an eco-theme into their episodes and maybe this happened here too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Meh to McKay/Keller

They should have Keller end up with someone else, like Zelenka, because I wanted the whole 'Will Ronon get her, will McKay get her' to end with neither of them getting her. I'd have liked to see McKay's reaction to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Demonique wrote: »
    Meh to McKay/Keller

They should have Keller end up with someone else, like Zelenka, because I wanted the whole 'Will Ronon get her, will McKay get her' to end with neither of them getting her. I'd have liked to see McKay's reaction to that

I think it was already a dead end after the alternative time line stuff...

I am just glad carter wasn't around to see it, she would have been heart-broken :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Overheal wrote: »
    I was bored, but Jewel Staite kept my attention.
    I just wanted to rip her clothes off.

There, I said it.

Just throw her down, rip off that black number and mount her like a lion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I just wanted to rip her clothes off.

There, I said it.

Just throw her down, rip off that black number and mount her like a lion.

Second that notion. yum.

scene from Dead Like Me, NSFW

428729-jewel_staite.jpg

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

hot, why didnt that happen on the plane:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i thought it was a grand wee filler episode

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    i thought it was a grand wee filler episode
    more of a gee filler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭DesignLady

The testosterone level on this thread is sort of scary :eek:
    Don't think they're building up to a big finale because this was all written and a lot filmed before they found out that there wouldn't be a season 6.

Enjoyed it overall. A few laugh out loud moments. The Hawking bit was sort of so cheeky and a bit stupid to put in that it made me laugh. Not usually much into the relationship episodes but it's difficult to have a bad McKay episode and the characters didn't completely change personality in order to get together- that tends to happen a lot in sci-fi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

DesignLady wrote: »
    The testosterone level on this thread is sort of scary :eek:

Isn't is just, I mean the idea of Rodney :vomit:

*goes to happy place*
    Don't think they're building up to a big finale because this was all written and a lot filmed before they found out that there wouldn't be a season 6.

This is very true, they found out about no season 6 in August and finished filluming in September. IIRC they've swapped the last two episodes around to "finish" things off.

Advertisement